or Connect

Posts by sleepless in ct

I forgot to add dh said that ds tries to put the paint brushes in his tush in the bath. That seems a little odd to me....
Ds is 2 yr.and 8 months. Yesterday he said something about poking his tushie. (I don't recall if it was with his fingers or something else. Dh said ds said his fingers,but I thought something else and now I don't know.) Anyway, after that he said he would poke it in DEEP. This seemed odd to dh and me and very explicit. By now(the next morning it's full blown in my head and i'm afraid someone's been doing this to him. Btw,I asked ds last night if anyone had said that to him...
I was just reading this thread,so i thoought i'd post a few ideas.The car wash idea reminded me of last summer.I have these little spray bottles(maybe holds one to two cups) and ds(was 2 at that ttime) and neighbor kids(ages 3 and 6) all loved washing the cars with these.They would spray and then wipe it down.You can even put soap in a bucket or spray bottle and let them wet the cloths with that.Eventually they can spray the whole thing off with a hose.This was something...
This is probably unrelated because it doesn't sound quite the same....but when did it start? you said you're nursing and I was wondering how old your baby is.I got this really strange rash one month after my baby was born.Turns out it's a pregnancy relatted rash.It's called herpes gestationis(not related to the other kind of herpes.Anyway,eventuallly I had to go to a dr. because the itching became unbearable,so if you're not itch8ing it doesn't sound like that.The thing is...
Ds is 2.5 and I find whenever I can enlist his cooperation or teach him to do something himself it all goes much smoother. For example, 2 months ago I had a c-section and couldn't lift him onto the changing table,so I would give him a choice "do youu want me to push the ottoman over to the changing table and climb up by yourself? or do you want me to put the pad on the floor and I can change you down there?" This helped alot,but definitely not all the time.LOL the...
Has anyone heard of soda--like sprite being a problem for babies? Not much else left to give up,though I suppose I need more time. Still can try corn and wheat products...but I'm running out of things I can eat... any suggestions. I'm only on day four,but feeling like there's not much that I can eat. Of course, a friend just figured out that her baby was sensitive to her eating chicken,so it could be anything!.....Thanks mamas for any info......Kim
Both myself and ds(2 y.o.) have had yeast infections we can't get rid of. I tried more traditional medicine for us both.For him I think it's too strong and don't want to go that route again. For me,I am 4 months preg. and don't want any more medicine. Any suggestions?Also,any idea if there's any connection between what we are or are not eating and this and what about vitamins?Thanks for any help,Kim
Mama milkshake--I have heard that when they're cutting teeth the quality of the babies saliva changes(maybe becomes more acidic) in order to help the teeth cut through their gums. I have noticed my nipples hurt more when ds is getting a tooth. And sometimes a tooth coming in can be a long process and you can't see any sign of it,but it's on it's way for a couple of months. Maybe this is why your nipples are sore?......Kim
Karen- are you anywhere near Norwalk,Ct.? If so , have you checked out the children's museum-Stepping Stones? It's great for a toddler-they have toddler terrain and waterscape and some other great areas that ds just loves.We got a membership for a year for a $100 which was actually a really good investment.Rainy or cold or just plain bored days are good there.I always am ready to leave before ds.I'm sure he could stay for hours.I expect to be there on the really unbearably...