or Connect

Posts by wish

This is one I have come across, though haven't gotten a chance to try it yet.   http://wellnessmama.com/2500/homemade-remineralizing-toothpaste-recipe/   good luck!
I decluttered and rearranged the play area....feels soo good! It's still a little cluttered looking, but so much was tossed or put away.      
I just wrote a nice long reply and somehow erased it!!   The point of it was that we have been involved in Waldorf schooling for the past 5 years with both of our children. We have one in the grades program and one in nursery-kindy. We love it! I don't particularly love or hate anthroposophy, kind of neutral about it. But I do understand it is the basis of the education and that it will influence the teachers some. That being said, we have never felt like anything...
Thank you for the advice!! I definitely need to increase my veggies, no matter what diet I am on. I am going for overall health.  I am being drawn to TF, which surprises me as a vegetarian. But I think you guys got it right in saying we need to honor what our bodies are saying. I'm planning to take things slowly...anything I jump into too fast never works out. I love the idea of starting with bacon!  I always loved bacon.  I think the best way I can wrap my head around...
I have been vegetarian for the last 18 years.  I use vegetarian loosely, as I have been what I call a "french fry" vegetarian. Sure, I don't eat meat, but I certainly don't eat healthy. I have always been drawn to TF diet, something about it just clicks in my head.  Lately, health problems are really inspiring me to make changes. Lab results show I am nearly pre-diabetic.  Time to cut out the soda and crappy carbs!!   We are already drinking raw milk, but I'm...
We have a mix of the different brands and love them all.  We mostly stick with farm/family/tree figures, but do have the occasional polar bear on the farm! I'm in love with the Butnspechte figures!  We don't have any, can't really can't afford them....but I'd love some for myself http://thepuppenstube.com/OnTheFarm
I spoke with the nursery teacher yesterday and she said as long as it wasn't commercial graphics they would be fine. I haven't gotten to speak with the first grade teacher yet. I have just gone with just getting plain undies from Hanna Andersson. Thanks for the responses!
I'm having a uh-oh moment. Both of our girls attend a Waldorf school and the policy states clothes "should be free of graphics".  I was looking at getting my daughter a Daily Tea Collection outfit and the top has a flower print. It's a print that is in the fabric, not something that is ironed on the top or anything. Do you think this counts as graphics? Or maybe they mean more like logo wear, cartoons ,etc.....or maybe they just need plain colored clothes.   I will...
I just have to echo what everyone else is saying....it really depends on the school.   The last 4 years both of my daughters, at different times, were in a Waldorf preschool. We signed contracts on no media, agreed to participate in parent evenings etc. But kids wore media stuff all the time and nothing was ever done about it. In one way I didn't think it was a big deal.  No kid is going to need therapy because they saw tinkerbell on a shirt. On the other hand it was...
We are in the Keene, NH area. I just took the kids in and had no troubles at all. The PA looked over our paperwork and said "are you a non-vaccinating family?". I asnwered yes, and that was all there was to it. We have recently moved here and it was wonderful not to have explain myself. No questions or lectures, that was it. I was soooo thankful.  I have also found a good phrase to use is "we don't vaccinate, by choice", especially when we have had to go to the ER or...