or Connect

Posts by wish

My whole life I have had continued belly issues.  I am to a place I'm ready to figure this out but am overwhelmed with where to start. A little background:  As a kid, I always had stomach aches, constipation, bad cramping.  In my 20's I went through "IBS" for awhile. Bad cramping everytime I ate, diarrhea. Could never eat out unless there was a bathroom nearby. I increased my fiber and that seemed to help.  I was also very lactose intolerant at that time, but it has...
My dd1 is currently in public K and my dd2 is in a Waldorf preschool. For preschool the lunches are supposed to be very healthy, natural, low sugar, no junk etc. But since dd1 started public K I have been falling off the wagon. I'm slipping into the convience foods. DD1 is allowed to have them at school and I'm starting to find that just throwing a bag of chips in a lunchbox is easier than homemade banana bread.   But truly, I need to get back to basics and start...
I agree with the op's. It seems like some kind of change needs to happen. My dd2 did this in preschool/childcare.  Every day as we got closer to the school her anxiety would build and her crying would escalate. By the time we were in her classroom she was throwing up. I would then have to take her home b/c of course they don't want a sick child there and I had to call in sick. We just knew we couldn't keep doing it and found a sahm who could care for her while I was at...
I just want to say that I totally understand. I would love to homeschool, but dh doesn't believe we can afford to have one of us out of work right now. We are very lucky to have well paying jobs, a nice house, etc.  But we still live paycheck to paycheck due to debt. I feel like I'm in a rat race. I go to work all day...drop my kids off at daycare/school all day....work to pay for daycare. In the end we are never home together and we are making tiny dents in our debt. It...
steinerbooks.org has "A first book of knitting for children".
This isn't a frame, but it is a cute way to do some postcards. http://www.mercurius-usa.com/product_info-292_346-2815-curved_postcard_holder__large.html   Again, not exactly a frame, but might work. Just scroll down. http://www.achildsdream.com/arts_crafts_kits/art_cards_prints.htm
Quote: Originally Posted by Halfasianmomma Have you considered calling the National Domestic Violence hotline and asking them to refer you to services in your area? Perhaps there's a social worker you can consult? They often have a direct line to resources close by. I agree with you; living the way you are is no way to live. For a while, I lived like that with my XH. He slept in our old bedroom, I slept in DD's bedroom with her. He came home late, and...
Thank you all. Hearing other people's stories really helps. I think I learned to think so much of this is normal, because over time it seems to be. We have a very rocky past. He was physically abusive in the beginning (well, we both were). He even slapped me once while I was holding our 9 month old and I fell to the ground. I should have left then. But no, I apologize, clean up, try and fix things. Things were better for a few years in the middle. He would never...
I have brought up counseling in the past. One time he has agreed, but it never happened. Things got better and we never went. I'm actually feeling pretty bad right now, like maybe I'm over reacting. How would I know I'm making the right decision? Would I be ruining my kids lives? I"m certainly not perfect, I too was saying stupid things last night, but I never take it to the level he does. I have to add, that during the midst of this fight he also launched a nice...
Now I have had most of a day to think about this. I'm really realizing, as I have before, that there is an emotional abuse piece to this. The whole thing where it's always my fault, if I hadn't done X then he wouldn't have had to do/say x. Blame blame blame. We've been through this a million times before. I don't tell anyone about it because I don't want them to know what he's really like, especially my family. I'm always making excuses to them about him. When I researched...