or Connect

Posts by emilysmama

Regarding power of attorney. Try asking Legal Aid about this: http://www.nolo.com/
Can you get your son to sign a "power of attorney" document for you?  This will allow you to do what you need to do on his behalf, like when he was a minor.  It is a really simple legal document that an attorney can draw up for you.   I don't have any experience for your specific situation, but this kind of thing comes up all of the time when adult children take care of their aging parents and the parents lose the ability to take care of things themselves.
 You did just fine, and your son will eventually tell you things again.  What I have learned to do whenever I send such a letter to the principal or teacher is to read out loud or have my dd read the letter before I send it.  That way, my dd gets to have her input in what goes in the letter.   That really helps a lot.  I have also found that after the teacher or principal resolves the problem, it helps if I talk to my dd and point out what a good thing it is that my child...
 This doesn't sound like much of a friend to me.  This sounds like a cynical burned out person with a bone to pick. Unless you find a bunch of other people who share the same opinion (and I don't think you will), I would give this person's opinion very little weight. If you read your own post again, you will notice that no one is telling you that your child has ADD.  No one is telling you to medicate your child.  But in order to figure out what is going on, you have to...
Sorry camerahappymom,   I didn't mean to imply that the only way to bond with your baby is by wearing the baby.  I am completely in agreement with you about carrying the baby in your own arms is just fine.  In fact, for the first three months of my dd's life, I didn't have a carrier and carry in my arms is exactly what i did, and I did that a lot.  It was only when I developed pain in my arms as a result that I searched for a less painful alternative, and baby wearing ...
 Can't argue with that.  I used prefolds too, and almost ten years later they are still getting constant use, even though use as actual diapers ceased six years ago. However, just to confuse things even more, I thought I'd throw this idea out.  I loved the prefolds, but I think if I had to do it all over, I would have liked to have tried Birdseye flats from the very beginning. I didn't even think of flats until I bought a dozen for other uses right before my dd was out of...
At first, I thought that they are SOS Diapers http://sosdiapers.wahmweb.com/store/WsDefault.asp?Cat=Diapering&Sub=6&isThumbs=No&Thumbs=   but upon closer comparison, I guess not.  Plus SOS Diapers have a label on the front, plain as day.   Still, I think you could purchase the inserts from any other "one-size diaper" maker.   I guess you could google "one size diaper" and compare with other pictures.
If your car, like mine, is so old that it doesn't come with the tether, then it's still very easy.   Just go to the Parts Desk of the car dealer.  Tell them that you want the upper tether so that you can hook your car seat.  Have them look up the make, model, and year of your car. Have them show you the picture on their computer screen. Have them order the part.    Then you can either have the mechanic at the dealer install it, or take the part to your own mechanic to...
 Congratulations to the OP on your baby!I would be last person to say that I didn't wish that I had started wearing my baby earlier. Yes, it is important to wear your baby and starting earlier is better.  But I think I would stop short of saying that I would "do ANY THING possible to get a sling and make carrying your infant #1 priority."  That is unnecessarily alarmist, in my opinion.  Yes, there are lots of easy cheap ways to start babywearing.  Yes, babywearing makes...