or Connect

Posts by emilysmama

What a brave woman you are!  You might feel very young, but you have just taught your son one of the most important lessons in life that too many grown men never learn:  A man should never treat a woman the way your boyfriend treated you.  Stand tall because it is a difficult lesson that many mothers, far older and more experienced have been unable to do, and yet you managed to do it.
I don't have as much experience as others, but it really does sound like a regression.  I mean, it sounds like it was quite sudden onset.  So that makes me think that when she is less stressed, it will eventually resolve.  She might need help to get to that less stressed point, but it certainly doesn't seem permanent.  I think a therapist, not for the bedwetting but to talk about the recent upheavals in her life, sounds like a very good idea. (Maybe a play therapist?)...
The DCP wanted them packed as individual bottles, so I did.  I sent each bottle as small quantities, like 2 or 3 ounces per bottle, and sent six bottles. The waste was much less than if I had sent normal sized bottles because my dd ate in smaller quantities than the other babies.  As the baby got bigger, I send 4 ounces, per bottle, but it never got to be in larger quantities than that. Usually, leftover milk usually came back home each night.   I instructed the DCP...
I haven't looked at the e-book.   However, I am looking through the first level textbook (Traditional):   http://www.huayuschool.com/front/goodsFront.do?act=toRead&gid=193   and I am looking at this video that goes through the features of the first level textbook.   http://www.huayuschool.com//front/index.do?act=toActivity   Hmm...  Based on looking at just the sample pages of the textbook, I am not convinced that the Chinese Wonderland program gives...
OP's most recent post, edited to add paragraphs, below:   Originally Posted by ~Nikki~    Paperwork is in the mail! So the ball is officially rolling. I'm so excited to have this out of my hands. I'm tired of fruitlessly trying to be a bill collector every month. It's EXHAUSTING.   Paragraphs will fail again, so I will keep this short.   Yes, we have a court ordered custody agreement. I have primary physical, he has access to them on weekends. He rarely...
Posting the other post from the original poster:   Originally Posted by ~Nikki~    Rubelin, I tried! It's not giving me any options to format. Technology hates me, lately, I swear it!   Nutshell version - I'm going to have the province garnish my ex's wages, as he has paid child support a total of four times in the four years since we've split.   am worried that doing this will trigger him into trying to take custody from me, as he has threatened this in...
No advice from me, but I'll attempt to reformat the OP into paragraphs so that wiser mamas can read your original post. Here it is:   Originally Posted by ~Nikki~    I don't know why I'm such a stress case about this. I'll try to keep it as short as possible because lord knows I can be wordy when I get going.   I'm going to a lawyer tonight to have them sign a document that will allow an organization to collect child support on my behalf.   Up until this...
Well, not for toddlers, but maybe for four or five year olds. ChessKid.com They have a free app. My dd loves their website.   There is no math game in the world better for developing math skills than playing chess.
The flashcards were the regular paper kind, correct?  A lot of kids find them too boring. Many kids really like phone games or computer games.   1.  Try downloading a couple apps for your iPhone or Android.  Just search for something like "read music piano flashcard"  or "read music piano game" and read the reviews to figure out which one is the best. (I haven't tried these two, but they look...
Oops!  Wrong post!