or Connect

Posts by gretelmom

All good here on 6 and 4 yo intact boys!
Quote: Originally Posted by deditus I don't think oregano oil is meant to be taken like that - it is a very powerful antibiotic that kills good flora in your gut as well as bad. Interesting about the oregano oil... It definitely does a number on the gut the first few times you drink it... I'll have to ask the owner's opinion on the oil. It's not dried oregano plants, definitely an oil.
So I've been drinking these Wellness Shots at our local juice bar... It's mostly fresh expressed ginger root, with a dash of garlic oil, oregano oil and fresh lemon. You can add echinacea but I don't. It's one ounce total. I took one every day for eight days because my whole house is down with a cold which I haven't been ruined by yet... Now I'm addicted and love them (despite them being disgusting). Anyone know of any toxicity from having any of these ingredients...
DS is almost three and potty trained himself, essentially. I was shocked he wanted to do it so early. But he won't poop on the potty. He has a few times, but he does this standing missile drop... I don't even care, as long as it gets there. He's only sat to poop one time. So now he's been pooping in his pants every single day for about two weeks with the exception of once. He used to not wear underpants but now I force him because he was pooping on people's...
On top of these mamas good suggestions: UNfiltered, NOT from concentrate Pear Juice. The only one I've found is RW Knudsen ... in a glass jar. It works wonders. And don't be afraid to give him like six ounces. The pear juice from Gerber or whatever did nothing for my son. The Knudsen's works in a day.
My boys are 2.5 and 5 and they have long hair... I think nothing of it, lots of boys in our beachy surf community do... But even just the next town over it's seen as sorta odd. The other day both my kids were in their "running clothes" (I run daily so they call their sports clothes running clothes) and looked like a couple of little jocks to me. A guy at Whole Foods says to me, "You sure got a couple of tomboys, huh?" and I said "Oh yeah, they both wanted their sports...
Okay, good thoughts. These are BRAND new spots. He's had NO spots for three weeks, so it seems odd that they'd be infected spots. And they don't seem infected, just that creepy yellow blister and crust. What's the deal with impetigo? This isn't in one section only... Three on belly, one in butt crack, one on scalp, two on shoulders, two on lower back... ALmost EXACTLY where the supposed pox showed up. But his skin was 100% clear for 3 weeks. Isn't this...
Okay so my 5 year old DS had a case of chicken pox this last month or so that seemed totally textbook. There was an outbreak here, he got crusty yellow bumps on his scalp, then on his crotch and torso ... He had a fever and a cough. The bumps were blisters that turned to yellowish brownish crust. Doctor diagnosed him. He ended up with an URI and ear infection, she put him on abx after a few days when it wasn't clearing up, but no steriods because of the CP. A few...
I just read this in Newsweek and wanted to quote a paragraph for you (I'm retyping so don't mind some typos): "In middle childhood, kids sometimes create paracosms-fantasies of entire alternative worlds. Kids revisit their paracosms repeatedly, sometimes for months, and even create languages spoken there. This type of play peaks at age 9 and 10, and it's a very strong sign of future creativity. A MSU study of MacArthur "genius award" winners found a remarkably high...
I want to use reusable containers for DS's lunch... In preschool they'd open the little containers for the kids and have everything laid out for them when they came in to eat. Now that he's in Kindergarten (summer camp at kindergarten) they're not doing anything for the kids, my girlfriend says "welcome to public school, babe!"... DS wants baggies because he can't open his stinkin' food containers! I put his sandwich in foil anyway (because I toast the bread and we...