or Connect

Posts by gretelmom

This is just a rant, I need a safe place to say this. My sister in law is very crunchy, she selectively/delayed vax her child, very selectively. She BF, grows her own organic food, eats and serves only grass fed organic meats, feeds her daughter amazingly healthy foods, healthy supplements, homeopathics, everything. But she has her 42 lb 4 year old in a low-back booster. All the time. We live in an area where you have to drive on a highway no matter where you go,...
Okay that video is great. I wish they'd do something where they analyze what damage was done. The video from Belle's Gift is the most moving one. I think we're going to buy the Frontier because I didn't realize my son had already outgrown his Boulevard!?! His shoulders are an inch above the highest strap setting! Darn it. After watching those videos, especially Belle's Gift, it's hard for me to stomach watching my niece being put into the car in that low booster. ...
Is there any reason the Boulevard is more/less safe than a Nautilus/Frontier as long as he fits the ht/wt specs for both? I have heard the general guideline that boosters are for kids Kgarten and up and that for preschoolers, in general, they should be in a harness. I think this is sort of a good general guide. There are always exceptions such as my son's best buddy who is 4.5 yrs and over 60lbs and 50 inches. He's the size of a 6 year old, at least! he grew out...
Thanks!!
Okay friends. All my fellow Mommies seem to be putting their kids in high-back booster seats lately. My SIL actually has her daughter in a low-back booster. My son (and niece) are 4.5 years, my son weighs 38lbs and is 40 inches high. He's on the small side for his age, but not tiny at all. He's currently happily riding in the Britax Boulevard, forward facing obviously. His brother is also in a Boulevard, he's a bit smaller. Anyway. older DS wants a booster -...
My son CHEWED on the foogo straw so relentlessly when he was 2.5 yrs that now I have none... I was trimming the chewed parts off and that worked, but now my 21 month old is chewing them! Grr! Any suggestions where to buy replacements and how to get them to stop the chewing? Thanks!!!
Yeah, if you open it all the way there could be a guillotine effect.
Quote: Originally Posted by sunnymw Awesome!! TFS! Yeah, they actually mentioned keeping them in until FOUR years old! This was from an English study, I believe.
If they insist on her getting used to others, they should sit on her level with toys and things that interest her and let HER come to them. Forcing her to go with someone will only make her less secure in the long run, thinking everyone's about to snatch her away... I always tell people "there are people you like to sit very close to and maybe touch their hand or shoulder or give a hug to, but it's not everyone and it's not until YOU are ready that you're fully...
I strongly second pear juice if you're offering juice. The pectin in apple juice is very constipating for many kids. Pureed pears also a good choice. Prunes/juice never worked for us.