or Connect

Posts by gretelmom

Usually our son snuggles right against me at night. He's 3 mos old now, almost 13 lbs. Lately his dad's been snuggling him at night, which worries me only because I am so "in tune" with the baby that I know I won't roll on him. I'm not sure dh is... But they've had success the last two nights. We don't drink or smoke or do drugs or anything, and we're both very healthy, and I know that those things can make cosleeping "dangerous". Should I worry about dh rolling on...
For overactive letdown, you can squeeze milk into a towel or even get a hand pump if you don't want to waste it. I latch my son on, gently take him off, then squeeze out the milk until it stops "spraying" and begins to just dribble or pour out. Then I give him back the boob. He cries for a few seconds, and I know that's terrible, but it really is no more than five seconds and it's worth it because otherwise he is as miserable as your little one. Sounds simple, but that...
Quote: Originally Posted by sweetangelbrynlie Thanks everyone! Im feeling soooooooo happy !! This (breastfeeding) is something I have wanted to do my whole life and if I succeed I am going to feel like the best mom ever. I have 2 other kids and have always just looked up so greatly at those that could breastfeed. I sure hope I can do it. Im going to try hard!!! Remember - if for any reason your child reacts to the drugs in the milk, or if...