or Connect

Posts by srlpenny

My EDD was yesterday, and I too am done. I'm just exhausted and ready to not be pregnant anymore ( i do newborns MUCH better believe it or not ) it is taking every bit of will power I have to not chug some Castor Oil and give this baby her eviction notice, but I really want her to come when SHE is ready. A friend of mine gave me this to help, maybe it'll help you to: pregnant pause Naomi Hambleton September 9 at 7:31pm my baby's not a library book so she's...
It is my understanding that they have to cover HB as in-network as long as they don't have any in-network options. My last birth was covered as in-network with a CM. Now if you don't have a CM or CNM available, births with a CPM are not technically legal and thus cannot be covered by insurance, but tend to be much less expensive. My CM billed my insurance $6500, my CPM this time around charges on a sliding scale with the top of the scale being $3000. Honestly I got most...
We had a "childcare doula" for our last birth and she had a sliding scale, we paid her $300 I'm pretty sure. That included being on call for ONLY us the 2 weeks before and after my EDD, 2 prenantal visits with my kids with me there, and one 2 hour visit for which I HAD to leave, that way my kids really knew her when it came time for the birth. She was amazing and worth every penny.
I had a bikini top and little bathing suit cover up skirt (I wouldn't shell out for the binsi) all laid out and ready to go ... I am very modest so I wanted to be covered. Ended up completely naked the whole time. This time around I would like to have pictures from labor/just after birth so I'm going to try and see if I can keep clothes on this time, the same top and skirt are ready and waiting.
Call and talk to midwives about your questions, so much varies from state to state. what they allowed legally, etc. But I am in NY and using a CPM and she has everything in case of a hemorrage etc. I definitely think you need to talk to someone specifically local to you though. Good Luck!
I asked my midwife and she recommended someone studying to be a MW who had found her niche as a "childcare doula" she took care of siblings during labor, that was her entire gig and she was amazing! She came and saw the kids three times before the baby was born, including one time that she MADE me leave for 2 hours. Baby was born in the middle of the night and only one LO woke up just at the end, but the peace she gave me about how my children were going to be cared for...
This is how my husband convinced me to stop copying/printing and using more "workbooks" for that kind of activity, it's most often cheaper, even if you have to buy new for each child.
After being told for several years, and by every teacher that she has ever had that our oldest has "attention problems" we are now reaching the point where we feel it might actually be ADD, which my husband lives with as well. I have taken some resources out the library, but all refer to ADD in the classroom, which no longer applies to us since we are homeschooling. Does anyone have any books/articles/sites they can recommend. I'm hoping I can get some good recs before I...
After being told for several years, and by every teacher that she has ever had that our oldest has "attention problems" we are now reaching the point where we feel it might actually be ADD, which my husband lives with as well. I have taken some resources out the library, but all refer to ADD in the classroom, which no longer applies to us since we are homeschooling. Does anyone have any books/articles/sites they can recommend. I'm hoping I can get some good recs before I...
I have had coordinating care for the bulk of this pregnancy with hospital CNMs, first because I was TERRIBLY sick in the beginning and needed to have the option of being admitted, and then for the same reasons you mentioned, mostly the ultrasound to make sure the baby was healthy. Unfortunately the reality is that most practices are not and will not be friendly to providing care for women who plan a home birth. In my area, there are 2 midwives you can see. You cannot...