or Connect

Posts by marisa

We love it! I'm the homeschooling mom who handles marketing, house manager, and I help out with other administrative tasks, and my husband does the actual work (printing, embroidery, design work) for our customers. We are forced to work through any annoyances that may build up; communication is essential. Keeping the kids quiet is a challenge...we have a very small house and all 6 of us in it all day. I like his help in the morning before he gets down to business,...
We have screenprinting/embroidery/graphic design company. I think getting some stuff worked up is a great idea. Keep an eye on the current retail color trends and motifs when you're shopping for fabrics. Sometimes we take a stroll through the department stores when we need to get new ideas on what is selling and get lots of inspiration there.
I think in this economy, people are only justifying spending money on things that are very functional as well as pretty. I'm not sure if the amazing quilts are selling, but possibly custom bedding for kids sells better? I see people advertising on Craigslist for it. I love quilts, but only ones I can afford are ones on clearance at box stores. I hate to be a downer, but coming from someone whose sole family income comes from self-employment/full time home business,...
Quote: Originally Posted by HappyMommy2 What does unitedfromhome do?? It is one of those websites where they don't actually tell you what you would be doing. It is a red flag when it just goes on and on about freedom you get working from home. But no info on what it actually is! What do they do or sell? That's a team for either Melaleuca or another company like that. They say no selling, but you're wanting people to sign up for a monthly...
Have you listed on Google local businesses? That's free. WAHM/craft/crunchy topsites, refermyhomebiz.com, mamapedia.com, any local parenting websites, momsoutloud.com, etc.
The OP is so true. Home businesses, especially when it's your sole income, require many, many hours and for your children to understand that work hours mean you have to be working. It's easier as they get older, but there is still guilt. It is frantic sometimes, can be very stressful, and most of time I think people shouldn't even bother unless they really, really need the money.
I did a few homeschooling videos, and then uploaded them to Blogger on my blog. I thought this was better than dealing with YouTube and the questionable material that sometimes came up at the end. I am not sure if I understand the question. Are you selling the videos?
I have to echo what the previous poster said about taking it easy at first. Working from home is really hard - at least if you want to make any money from it! And it will consume your life at first. I would use this time to get into serious market research mode. Find out what you're good at that is also marketable. Figure out who and where your customers are, do some financial projections to determine if it's viable. Once you have customers, you must be committed...
Hi there, I have a free e-book I can send you - it's Christian based, but applicable to all: the stories are from homeschooling moms that work from home. It will give you ideas and encouragement!
Hi there! I'm a consultant in the U.S. and I love the books. I like that the company offers the opportunity to also sell to daycare centers, schools/libraries, etc. But any direct sales business has to still operate through home parties - that's just the bread and butter of the business. I'm finding it hard to juggle evenings out with my family's busy schedule, so I'm experimenting with some 'playgroup' parties. It's good because (at least with the U.S. Usborne Books and...