or Connect

Posts by avivaelona

It may be the proper latin spelling but in English Lucius is either Loo-shus or Loo-shee-us, you won't get Loo-kas from anyone so I would not do it. (would the latin have been pronounced Loo-kas? I didn't know that, interesting.) I voted for Alexander because its my favorite boys name ever, but it is quite popular these days if that is important to you.
They have them by sex now, not just one type fits all. They are sold either by hip or waist size, I can't remember which now! Sorry. I found them to be MUCH better than any kind of pad, because well, if you wear undies and a pad you've got this big lumpy thing between your legs kind of putting more pressure there, I found that really uncomfortable. The depends don't have that lump there, they are just like wearing underwear pretty much except the underwear absorb and...
Yay for you! Hang in there, we have had some ups and downs once he got started and it took longer than I thought for some behaviors to become more automatic, but he is slowly getting there.
Its a boys name. Its being used more these days for girls than it was. Its still primarily a boys name. Many women who grew up with boys names don't mind it, others really hated it. Try using it yourself for a few days and see if it bugs you before you give it to someone else. I know some female Ryan's but its the most popular boys name in my state this year, so its being used far more for boys. Rhian is a Welsh name possibly meaning "Maiden" I think it would be...
I picked Natalia. Its a pretty name and has many nickname options that I love. I also love Irena but it does have several pronunciations and so put it second because of the pronunciation confusions. Emily is lovely but has been used a lot in the last decade. I like Alyssa well enough but the others are nicer to me. Have you considered just Irene? or Irina? (ih-REE-na) If Irena is your favorite than it is a common enough pronunciation that I think it wouldn't be...
Quote: I think the primary meaning of Fable is "a story with a moral." Sure, it can also mean a falsehood. But there are tons of more traditional names out there that don't mean very nice things. I knew a girl in high school named Trista, and thought it was a pretty name. I was surprised to learn that it means "woman of sorrow." The difference between "Trista" and "Fable" is that Trista is used, in English at least, only as a name. You can look up...
Raya is listed in a book of hebrew names I have as the transliteration for a Hebrew name which is from the root word for friend. I don't know how accurate the meaning or etymology is, but hebrew word listed seems to have the pronunciation you want. I think Raya is most likely to be pronounced correctly. Rayah would be too I think but Raya is simpler. Avoid Rhea or Rea or Ria if you don't wan't the ree-ah pronunciation, those are all commonly pronounced with the...
Wow, I say Cla-rah with the first A like that in Cat or apple, the second like father or "uh" I didn't think of this as an unusual pronunciation but I see in the poll that is the minority. I'm from NYC originally and then NJ suburbs of NYC.
I don't think there is anything wrong with unusual names, but Fable and Zeplin aren't unusual names, they are nouns, still in use in the language with no real history as names. Word names are common in many cultures, but the problem with them is that they often have very diverse connotations. So while you might think of Fable as "A story with a moral" your daughter may wonder why you named her something that means "a lie" as well. You can use a word as a name, but all...
I feel your pain. I'd want to say go ahead and use the name anyway but it would bother me too. If you love it more than anything else, stick with it, you never know what will happen in people's lives and it would be silly not to use the name only to have him dissappear from your lives, but if other names appeal just as much maybe have a rethink.