or Connect

Posts by avivaelona

Hi all, Dory is rolling front to back easily and back to front occasionally and creeping. He's teething so badly but nothing is coming in yet. He mimics really well so he has said "eggs" and "yeah" though I don't think he knew what either means, he hasn't said mama yet! He does sort of sign "Milk" not super clearly but he definitely uses it to ask. Its good to hear from everyone. We aren't co-sleeping anymore, which I never thought I'd say but he just does better...
Quote: Erica I'm thinking of you. Of me? Or of a different Erica? Is someone else in our group an Erica and I didn't realize it? (or forgot it since I have no brain cells left) Things are good here, well baby visit today, he's four and a half months and just shy of 16 pounds and just over 25 inches I think they said. Pretty much 50-60% in everything. He's good, rolling from front to back though not back to front yet. Babbling up a storm and...
Just hugs, we are in this spot at the moment too. And are also trying the nurtured heart approach though not with as much success yet. I will say it has helped slightly at least, and perhaps we are needing more training in it because we find it difficult to implement correctly so far. I don't know if it will work more if we become more adept.
Eleanor Estelle Gwendolen Gwenllian I like Genevieve Anne or Anna Genevieve Rose Genevieve Mary Genevieve Lily Genevieve Blythe Genevieve Kate
Addison is super popular right now and is trendy so it will sound very dated when it suddenly drops in popularity as names like that tend to. Plus its the name of a disease and is taken from a last name so it just never sounds like a girl's name to me. Shelby and Ann are both pretty, Shelby and Marie are a little rhymy but if you wouldn't call her that on a regular basis than its fine. I prefer Anna Marie if you like that, Annie is such a cute nickname. Have you...
I think MacGregor is just a bit odd since its a last name and its not a last name in your family but rather one you smooshed together out of two other names. However that's just my personal taste, otherwise the name is fine and it flows fine. Adelaide is pretty and I like Addie as a nickname but were you aware that Heidi is a traditional nickname for Adelaide? Just pointing that out in case you like that too. It would worry me more if her first and last initials...
Its a little corny and it is hard to say, but for a middle name its ok if your husband loves it (especially if it helps you get the first name you want ) However, "Isaacs" would also mean Isaac's son if he wanted something easier to say. (oh and for what its worth Ben-Isaac would also mean Isaac's son)
I had this, midwife kept saying it was normal, I never had any issues with this pregnancy other than GD, but I had GD with the previous pregnancy and didn't have the racing heart or trouble breathing. Anyway I gave birth and it went away.
Unfortunately I thought of Anorexia too.
did you tell people of the name you've chosen prior to giving birth? I did not tell immediate friends and family but I did rattle around some names with online friends for this last baby. With my older son I didn't and was surprised to find out how uncommon the name was perceived as being. It wouldn't have influenced us using it but I'd like to have known that before I made a firm decision. I wouldn't tell my family though because I did not want them to have input into...