or Connect

Posts by avivaelona

some of these aren't unisex but have both feminine and masculine forms Most are from hebrew except for Zephyr Liora/Lior (my light) Elona/Elon (oak tree) Eyala/Eyal (gazelle (can be spelled with an A for the beginning letter too and Ayelet is a feminine form as well) Keshet (rainbow) Liron (my song) Nogah (brightness) Ora/Ori (light) Orna/Oren (pine tree) Erez (ceder tree, usually male) Shahar (dawn) Tamar/Tomer/Tamir Palm tree first form usually female, second male,...
I just want to give a hug to those of you feeling guilty for not being thrilled. My newborn was a surprise but only 3 or 4 months earlier than we were planning to start trying again. Even with that very small window of it not being the "right" time I had a lot of feelings of dismay to overcome. If I can feel so bad over a three month "accident" than I think those of you who were not planning another child or not planning on getting pregnant for several years still don't...
I picked Gender Neutral but if you had "not a name, its a word" I would have picked that, sorry. As a word name its not bad, at least it has a nice meaning, but I do think it can be hard for people to go through life with a name that is also a word, especially one that isn't traditionally a name. I do tend to like names like that in the middle though, where they can add meaning without having to be used daily. Were you planning on giving it to a boy? Even though I...
I love Declan, it is becoming more popular but I don't think so much that it will hit the top of the list any time in the next decade (or ever really, though it might break top 100 eventually). For what its worth, we used the middle name of the baby we lost for the name of our third son, it took a lot of thinking about it, and even now I worry it will be weird for him and that's just the middle name. I would not use Andrew as the first name of your baby on the way. ...
There is no rule in the US that you must have a middle name, or that you must have only one middle name. Shelby is the more usual spelling of the name you like by the way, if you don't have a particular reason for using Shelbie instead you might want to choose the more common spelling of it. Its a pretty name. I think Shelbie Marie is a little rhymy but it doesn't sound awful, I sort of like it, and most of the time people go only by their first and last name and...
I've kind of been waiting for this subject to come up again as it worried me greatly while I was pregnant and I wish I had gotten more direct honest answers that it isn't always going to be easy. I think "love multiplies" "your heart will expand" is true but not always immediately. I think for many people that is instantly true but it can take some time for other people. For us the first three weeks of new baby were so so so hard, I needed to be there for the new baby...
Can we clarify which is the right group and the right link. My facebook is not working right for some reason so I'm going to need to save it and join later when it gets cleared up.
Right after Passover last year, and four glasses of wine, I got that positive. Passover varies a bit so its a little later this year. But still I think bringing out the Haggadahs will always bring back that memory.
Isha is Jewish? I never heard it before. I like Ariel though spelled that way its a boys name usually, (little mermaid notwithstanding) would spelling it Arielle help? If not, here are some Jewish names that sound fine in English, you would have to see if they worked in...
Last weekend sweet old lady kept calling the baby "she" dressed in the most boyish outfit we own. Its because he has hair at all at this age I think. No one can tell whether babies are boys or girls except by dress. I voted girl in this case because pigtails do usually mean girls but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a boy. The shirt is gender neutral, so to some people if there is no pink it must not be a girl. Where I live its not uncommon to see 10 or 11 year...