or Connect

Posts by avivaelona

Its fine though personally I kind of like the way Malachi sounds better. It strikes me as strongly observant Jewish or otherwise very religious. I wouldn't do weird spellings, Mordecai will be misspelled enough the normal way. The meaning is not really known, thought the most likely meaning is "servent of Marduk" "Little boy" is unlikely, though "little man" might be possible. Look up the name on wikipedia for an interesting discussion of it.
Lilah Jennifer would be my pick. Have you thought of using Linnea ... I really like Linnea Jennifer for some reason, maybe the repetition of the n's.
Would Ariella suit you? Its similar to Charlotte in being a bit more feminine but has similar sounds to Aria. It means "Lion of god" in hebrew, and can be shortened to Ari (Lion) or Ella if you would like a more common nickname, and its got a pretty intuitive spelling and pronunciation. Other ideas: Some less used but easy to pronounce and spell names: Ariana Caroline (can be shortened to Carly) Lillian Alexandra Miranda Clara Tessa I do think either Aria Charlotte...
Not Daven, especially not with a Zion. Davening is a particular kind of prayer that orthodox Jews do. It would be a strange thing to call a baby. The problem with Revolution, Random and Rogue is that while you are thinking of the positive and "cool" meanings of those names they also have some pretty negative meanings. If your child is the sensitive type they could be hurt by those meanings. " Freedom is not associated with any particularly negative meanings and so...
Trancechylde just so you are aware, Asa is a biblical boys name pronounced AY-sa. I believe that Asa prounounced Ay-sha is a scandanavian name as well but would have a funny little mark above the a in that case. If you decide to use the name for a girl be aware that many people will pronounce it like the biblical boys name.
Quote: But the first place my mind went was that it is a very pretty name, and you could even get creative with spellings and such, like some of the pps have. Ack no! Those are not "creative spellings" that I suggested, they are similar names from different sources, all are transliterated from Arabic or Hebrew so they have some flexibility in spelling (z or s at the beginning for example) but you can't just spell them any way you feel like it if you...
Samson also means sun. Might make a good last name. Zeev can also be Zev, either way is ok. Alon/Alona can be spelled Elon or Ilon in the US, the vowel doesn't matter much with many hebrew names. My middle hebrew name is Elona How about Etana for a girl? (strength) I wouldn't put Liora with Terra or Fiona, too singsongy. It sounds nice with Astrid though. More Z names since you seem to like them: girls: Zipporah Zinnia Zora Zola Zephyra/Zepherine Boys Zohar...
Quick addition: Seraphine (girls name) Soleil is pronounced "so-LAY" Alon or Alona or Elona is a hebrew name meaning Oak tree if you like the oak thing Oren means Pine tree. Liora- my light Orla-light in hebrew, gold or something similar in Gaelic. I don't see Nova as the car but I never had one. Its pretty. Nava is a hebrew name that is similar.
Aja is pretty looking and the sound is nice, but I think it means goat. Asia is a place name and reminds me of the '80's band, and Asia Argento, both of which seem kind of dated. Do you have a connection to the continent for some reason? I always think using place names that have no connection is a bit odd, but it does have a long history. I do think something less "trying to be exotic" might make a better name honestly. Definitely not good with Anne or Anna. Asiana...
I like it a lot but a lot of people pronounce the desert with the second syllable sounding like the word "Hair" instead of rhyming with Car. I prefer the "rhymes with car" way. I also love Sahar (sa-HAR (ryhmes with car)) or Zohar/Zohara. Both are going to be a bit reminiciscent of Angelina Jolie's Zahara but why should she get to have all the fun? Using a Z does distance it a bit from being a "place name" name after the Sahara desert. Zahira is pretty too. ...