or Connect

Posts by avivaelona

There are very few names that truly are historically "unisex". Mostly there are boy names that start being given to girls, very rarely the other way around. Caden in any form has a history as a name for boys. There are some girls now that are being given this name but that doesn't make it a "unisex" name. I'd avoid using it for a girl, because its so hella trendy now on boys, even if there is an occasional girl with the name. I think the usage slants toward boys...
Yay! YOu know its funny I nursed J. everywhere, and thought of myself as a NIP pro, but D. nurses differently and I find myself struggling a bit to NIP without completely disrobing, who knew it would be a learning curve even with the second
Flow will matter more with your last name than your middle but if you care I don't think any of those three particularly flow well with Cedar. Nathan is the best, but Nathaniel would be much better. The N ending is hard to say with Cedar as is the hard K of Luke. Have you considered naming him Cedric and calling him Cedar? I have heard so many people who were given a first name but called by their middle name describe it as being a problem their whole lives. I have no...
Quote: I totally do not understand why anyone would look at that name and pronounce it roz-a-lyn. Maybe its a regional thing? I'm on the west coast. Its an old name and its historically been pronounced with a short O because it does not come from our word for the flower, but rather from a germanic root for the word horse. Its not regional, the name has been around for hundreds of years, before the US existed. Some names have a history of...
yes I'm on facebook, why don't we PM each other with real names so we can find one another. I'd love to keep in touch with you all, this little group was such a huge support for me during this pregnancy and I keep wondering how everyone is doing but rarely have time for typing! I read up a lot though, I just never have a free hand!. I guess post here if you have facebook and want to connect and then anyone who wants can send a PM. Or if someone knows how we could make...
My four year old is only recently able to open doorknobs. He could do complicated latches much earlier but for some reason the motion of doorknobs was difficult for him. I'd say he finally got it at about 3 years 9 months. He does have some motor delays so that might be why, although mostly fine motor skills are not affected much and as I said, complicated latches have been accesible to him for a long time. (this left the result that he might be able to open the child...
I am a complete couch potato I haven't finished sending birth announcements or thank yous either I am frustrated when the baby won't sleep I am really frustrated when big brother is noisy I want to go out to dinner with my husband with NO kids but I'm just not quite ready to leave the baby that long yet with anyone else. I have gained back 10 pounds of the 20 I lost while pregnant I am tired of always needing to be there to nurse, but I also don't want...
Rosalyn = RAHZ-a-lin Rosalie= ROSE-a-lee They are from different sources, Rosalyn is a form of Rosalind which is always pronounced "Rahz" not "Rose" Rosemary is pretty close to Rosemarie. I'd go with Rosalie, Rose, or Rosa if you want the long o sound. Or fancy it up and use Rosalia. Rose with Rosie as a nickname is wonderful, you don't need to fancy it up, but if you want to Rosalie is my favorite.
Its properly spelled Lucia for all three of its common pronunciations. Unfortunately its just one of those names that has traveled through many different countries and thus has different correct pronunciations. Lucia is the correct spelling for all of them and I would not spell it any other way or you will just invite more confusion. At least this way its clear what name it is, and in any case, your preferred pronunciation might not be your daughter's preferred...
Ezra could also honor an Elizabeth.