or Connect

Posts by Vixenmama

Quote: Originally Posted by kittn hi Annemarie and I am clutter challenged. I have decided enough is enough. My worst problem is laundry. I have too much... way too much. I had 8 huge garbage bags filled with clothes to wash. went through them and have made it only 3 so I am going to try this declutter challenge thing here. Im going to say 200 items. and not bad I have 5/200 hey its a start Maybe you should start a spinoff thread called the...
I'll do 750 items this round, I went for 500 in December and had no problem at all reaching it, I surpassed it by more than 100. I know we have 750 items here, but they're more covert and pernicious---things shoved in drawers and in plastic storage containers. This thread is off to a rockin' and rollin' start! Quote: Originally Posted by renaissanceed After lurking on the threads for several months, I've decided to officially join in and count the...
Quote: Originally Posted by stacyg Can I get this recipe please!! : This looks almost identical to Imonter's Foodnetwork recipe but there's some slight difference at the end. Enjoy. I love brown rice but I don't make rice enough to justify a dedicated appliance for it---I strongly dislike overdone mushy rice. I usually double this. Written: 5/2004 To minimize any loss of water through evaporation, cover the saucepan and use the water as soon as...
Quote: Originally Posted by RachelLucas ...What is a TREASURE MAP? I looked on the thread you posted in the OP but I didn't get a good idea of what it is still. Please help!? Apparrently, a long-standing tradition herer at MDC! This quote is from the thread for the 2006 Treasure Map. Quote: Originally Posted by Tracy For those who don't know... the treasure map is when you take a bunch of pictures, drawing, photos, colors.....
Quote: Originally Posted by supervee I want to join, but don't have many existing supplies, so this will work better in February when I can buy spackle, LOL. .... Why is it that it seems much more interesting to do repairs that need purchases? That reminds me, I need to locate some paintbrushes also---I finally flung mine after the last painting spell! Still I know there are plenty of no-investment repairs hanging around here just waiting....
Quote: Originally Posted by vannienicole ----------------------------------------------- Since no one has posted after me yet, I thought that i would add this: I REACHED MY GOAL WHILE COOKING DINNER!! To Trash: 36 To Donate: 1 Add 37..... 502/500!! Yay! Now to start on my January goal....... Quote: Originally Posted by pbandj Congrats to vixenmama! Whoo hoo! I was very impressed and decided to clean some of the...
Quote: Originally Posted by mama2babybeans hey v-mama thanks for the thread! did you start an improvement one as well? yep! link's in the siggy!
Quote: Originally Posted by teacup Well, I, too, am a linen junky. So, all your linens. (I'm feeling your pain on this one.) And the books. And the cookbook stand. And....You know. The things that are interesting but one doesn't really need. I'll head over to the MHM forum for the improvements thread. Sounds perfect. Thanks! Ok, let me set your mind at ease: -the linens were totally boring, almost institutional! -the book stand was...
Quote: Originally Posted by ekblad8 I will probably set my goal at around 350 for January. I've gotten rid of at least 1500 since mid November. I'm starting to run out of things to get rid of I'm glad you mentioned craft items, though, b/c I have a ton of scrapbooking stuff that I will probably never get back to. I need to get rid of that stuff for sure. Before that, though, I need to finish my closet and bathroom before baby arrives. I...
Quote: Originally Posted by vannienicole Alright, I am eating lunch and taking a breather, but I am in the processes of cleaning up and out my spare room. It turning into a messy messy storage room! Anyways, for this mornings work here I go. There too much to list specifically, but it is mainly clothes, toys and junk to trash. Trashed: 35 To donate (in trashbags by the door!): 240 To sell (in a box by the door to take to the thrift store and...