or Connect

Posts by Vixenmama

Quote: Originally Posted by mama2babybeans 2 pairs of pants with holes- freecycled 10 more toys to goodwill 6 lotions and soaps- freecycled 3 boxes tossed =393 keep keeping-on! I can't wait to get home from work. I really want to get some more stuff out before midnight tomorrw. Now, it's almost like a game---I really was surprised how much I got rid of yesterday... I actually have a "junk" drawer in my dresser that needs going...
Quote: Originally Posted by nova22 It helps a lot, thank you. I'm a journal-y kind of person and I think journaling these objects will help me detach myself from them a little more easily.... How funny you wrote this...when I wrote that reply I had the impression "I bet she's a writer". I'm not the psychic type either. I was just sitting here knitting thinking about what I posted when I realized that I might need to do the same thing. I...
Sorry you gave away something that was meaningful. In all my decluttering, I haven't had this happen (yet). Maybe it would be helpful to give things that you feel sentimental about a little bit longer of a time period to hang around before you let it go. As far as separating things from memories, perhaps you could sit down one day and write a little journal entry about the butterfly, what it meant to you, and how you felt after it was gone. This way you won't have the...
Quote: Originally Posted by pitchfork I work with a spiritual teacher who says, it is always ME because I technically can't change anyone else, so the only way to be free/happy is to take responsibility for my own happiness and figure out a solution that I do have control of. Hardcore, but it has truly been the only way I have gotten out of the finger pointing rut. For me this means 2 things right now 1 is asking and then forgetting about it, and 2 is...
Quote: Originally Posted by SMUM I second the graceful not mentioning it, or perhaps the allergy remarks. I wish my mil would get me anything, at all! . how sad.
Quote: Originally Posted by hlkm2e I have no idea how to make a blog : But it looks like fun, I love reading other people's. We eat yummy stuff, but usually pretty plain. Lots of stirfry's, grilled veggies with just olive oil and lemon juice. Lots of raw fruit. We eat meat, too. Usually just cooked on the stove with some seasoning. I was a really picky eater until my first was born. I decided I wanted her to eat well, so I needed to learn to eat...
I reached my goal!!!! : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : previous: 439/500 donated/trashed/given away 1 sweater 1 pr. of holey favorite levis 1 puppet theater (don't ask) 23 kids books 3 toys 2 lengths of tulle 1 dress 8 worn out sippy cups/bottle accessories 2 cat face tea bag rests (don't ask) 1 horse mug 1 toothbrush cup 1 stepstool/chair 16 pkgs. of myoplex nutrition shake (don't ask) 1...
Quote: Originally Posted by hlkm2e Last night I took one of the free calendars we got in the mail and wrote out a meal plan for the month. I have enough meat/protein in my freezer/pantry to easily get through January without even skimping I made a grocery list for the first week of the year. I plan on going once a week to get fresh produce, her is my first list lettuce asparagus bananas apples grapes...
Quote: Originally Posted by alegna It sounds like, for whatever reason, he still really NEEDS to nurse at night. What happens if you have a "yes night" or two where you don't deny him nursing at all? Does everyone get more peace? good luck!-Angela I have done this and ds sleeps like a baby() as does dh but I wake super crabby and sore. Having my breast in his mouth all night just hurts, and I can't roll over and sleep...
I don't know what's going on and we're both so stressed and tired....frankly I'm ready to stop nursing unless we can change this dynamic (that's the stress talking) A brief synopsis... I bf'd dd 1 until she was a little over 3. When she was 2 (we had ds) we moved her from our bed to her own bed, at this time she started sleeping through the night with no nursing. Ds just turned 2, though we put him in his own bed a while back, he always wakes about 10:30 or 11 and comes...