or Connect

Posts by Vixenmama

previous: 391/500 27 old, yucky unusable spices and food items (trashed) 8 various linens (donated) 13 pieces of dc's artwork (trashed) current: 439/500 Fling!Fling!Fling!
Sort of kidding but not really. 10 or 12 years ago I was single, and working a waitress job at night to make some extra cash. I had just finished my waitress shift. I had a pocketful of money and hopped into a cab because it February and we were having a freezing bitter cold spell, like 20 below or more for several days in a row. Nobody was on the streets. The cab started down the street and I looked over and saw a woman at a bus stop cradling a bundle. It was a...
Quote: Originally Posted by mightymoo I really want some nice all-clad SS pans to replace my teflon ones, but not pan overload. I would also love a subscription to jiggerbug.com (netflix for audio books) aahhh. all-clad. DH and I just bought this set (as a xmas gift to ourselves) of all clad knock-off's that got a very high recommendation from Cooks Illustrated. They are tri-ply, modeled pretty much exactly like all-clad. I purged the...
Quote: Originally Posted by VnJW Oh Vixenmama, curse you for putting that link to the socks, curse you!!!!! Actually, I should be majorly thanking you. I have been looking for some good thigh high socks. I LOVE : funky at least to the knee socks, but they are so expensive and they never have a good selection. That place is awesome!!!... I found it accidentally a few weeks ago and I swear, I spent 45 min. surfing that sight. Those socks just...
any of the over the knee socks at sockdreams. a new ironing board---a good one. wide. with a thingie to hold the iron new plates (mine are chipped and mismatched) new spices and some sort of spice organizer rack (my current system is very low rent, tired and yucky. 5 or 6 plain white, short-sleeved Gap "favorite t's"--I don't know why, just love them. a case of high-end authentic ramen noodles--- noodle addict a no-nonsense tea kettle a day of skiing (a gift from dh 3...
Quote: Originally Posted by Caitlin320 ...but sometimes I get things that just do not bless my life.... This is hilarious. Very nicely expressed. We do full-on gifting with Dh's family, which means we buy for 3 adults...and of course, sil isn't married and she ends up buying for 3 adults and 2 kids on a very limited income, so we buy her a lot of gifts to make up and oh jeez, it's a drama and a headache....dh (who refuses to do any...
Quote: Originally Posted by inezyv ...I get a feeling of joy, lightness, and accomplishment when I get rid of stuff. Almost like an addictive rush. Especially this much junk. I cannot even count how many boxes of stuff I gave away or the number of bags of trash. Now, surreptitiously, I will work on one box a day, chipping and chipping away. Soon I might be able to see the floor in my husband's junk room, LOL. Hooray, Hooray, Hooray!...
Quote: Originally Posted by Leta amyamanda-... we DON'T need is more junk. What we DO need is more time together....I think I'm going to start giving a year's supply of laundry detergent (that is, a 5 gallon pail full of powder) or a year's supply of aluminum foil (one of those giant boxes from a restaurant supply store) as gifts. Is this tacky or useful? I would LOVE laundry detergent, right now what I really want is a really nice...
Quote: Originally Posted by thomlynn ...Someone said here once that once the gift is in my house I can do with it what I want. I try to remember that when I want to get rid of something given to me and the guilt sets in. DH and I are completely mercenary about this with NO GUILT. You have to put your well being above everything, especially when it comes to your home. Now if I see I can't use it I try and find a home for it...
Quote: Originally Posted by inezyv ROFL! Oh yes, Vixenmama, I think I may have mentioned it to him a few zillion times! I know people who have the "can't let go" thing find it extremely painful---and it's not really funny to them. Maybe when you get one room nicely decluttered and organized he'll see the difference and feel better about letting go of some stuff. I was going to recommend scrapbooking as a hobby for your dh because then...