or Connect

Posts by hbmomof5

If they are swabbing for STDs they have to swab the cervix because this is the only reliable place to swab...your cervix might have been low or they were gentle and you couldnt tell where they were;)   It is your right to decline Vit K also...the only reason they give this is to promote clotting and if you aren't having a boy- not circumcising him or at least not in the first week of life it is very much a choice.   The problem with trying to be "peaceful" and...
I have two bi-racial kids. My DS is lighter and no one ever questioned me about him. My DD on the other hand doesn't really look bi-racial except for her hair. I had three incidents that really stick in my head. The first two are funny and cute. The third just weird. When DD was about 1yo we were sitting at the side of the pool at our apt and a little girl about 4yo came up and sat beside us. The conversation went something like this: 4yo: You have a pretty...
Oops! The system kicked me out so I thought it didn't post. Sorry
My DD is AA/white and has beautiful spiral curls down to her butt. It wasn't always that way! I worked with a bi-racial woman who had gorgeous curls and I finally asked her what to do. Her advice: Wash hair with conditioner- not shampoo 1-2/wk Rinse comb out (spritz with water if starts to dry out during combing) Apply regular or deep conditioner and LEAVE IT IN (not leave in cond.). Use as much as needed to make hair not feel dry. We use 3-4 half dollar size...
My DD is AA/white and has beautiful spiral curls down to her butt. It wasn't always that way! I worked with a bi-racial woman who had gorgeous curls and I finally asked her what to do. Her advice: Wash hair with conditioner- not shampoo 1-2/wk Rinse comb out (spritz with water if starts to dry out during combing) Apply regular or deep conditioner and LEAVE IT IN (not leave in cond.). Use as much as needed to make hair not feel dry. We use 3-4 half dollar size...
Hadn't thought of that! But this Barbie had the momma dog and two puppies. But thanks for making me think
My 8yo daughter is the youngest of my 5 and has rarely seen a breastfeeding child of any age. In the area we live, breastfeeding is rare and there is no NIP happening. Thoughout her life I have made sure she understood that babies are BF just like other mammals and that she was BF just like her brothers and sister. She has generally not responded or just looked kinda embarrassed to discuss it, but I pushed on just bringing it up when relevant. Well, the other day we...
Tears are much less likely when your listening to your body when to push and not being forced to push. Birthing in water also helps the tissue . Slightly OT: I think super glue is a great idea but I can totally see me glueing my whole vagina closed I'm the person with fingers glued to my face!
Sounds like a migraine. PIH wouldn't be a problem this far from delivery, and they won't take you up on L&D (L&D RN in a past life). You are a non pregnant patient. Your pressure might be up due to the pain. Was your pulse increased also? Pain usually drives that up too. When I have migraines the visual disturbances always come first, disappear and then BAM! Massive headache. You still might want to go to the ER just to get checked out. But sounds very familiar.
The increased risk actually has more to do with the placenta starting to deteriorate. The placenta is a miraculous organ but is intended by nature to be temporary. In most cases a placenta can last a few extra weeks. Rarely, it begins to fail before the baby is ready to come. That being said, I agree with the posters that say induction should be avoided unless done for good reason. I'll leave that up to you to deside what "good reason" is to you. I do think that...