or Connect

Posts by RiverSky

Florida has some good areas for that. Tampa, Fort Myers, Naples, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville.
A little background:    Though I am a huge prononent of natural, at home birth, I am scheduled for my 4th c-section next week, at 39 weeks, 1 day.  I am 42 years old and have a pretty large amount of amniotic fluid, causing my OB to panic a little and want that baby out. I am also a bit anemic (not sure of my hemaglobin count, forgot to ask, but I would guess 9 or 10, since I have been tested at that before).  I had my last child after 42 weeks 5 days of unassisted...
No, I am sorry. My other two children never did get it and neither did the children in the two families we played with during contagion time. Good luck to you!
I don't agree that it's "their" job, especially children under 8 or 10. It annoys me when adults choose to have children and then act as if they are their minions and must do whatever they want them to do. I picture parents like that laying back and being fed bon-bons all day (not in a flattering way). I believe in treating my children with respect and sweetness in order to model that behaviour, assuming that is how they will treat everyone else, including us, siblings,...
42 and my fourth child is due in August. Far from feeling shame, I am quite proud and tell/remind people all the time that I am 42 and feeeling FINE!!! I even joke that when I was a child, I didn't think you could have babies at 42. I feel like a super woman!!! Perhaps I have never noticed a negative response (we live in Florida) because I beat them all to the punch with big smiles and excitement?? Congrats everyone!
Thank you, Mamas!!!!
I posted this in another thread but wanted tosay the same here: Thanks, everyone! I finally got into the obgyn and had an ultrasound today. My single baby is doing great and the obgyn measured me and got 36 cm at 33 weeks, so I seem to have been way off!!! Baby is still seemingly very big and though I have ample amniotic fluid, I am in the range of normal. Thank you again and best wishes to you and your babies!!!
Thanks, everyone! I finally got into the obgyn and had an ultrasound today. My single baby is doing great and the obgyn measured me and got 36 cm at 33 weeks, so I seem to have been way off!!! Baby is still seemingly very big and though I have ample amniotic fluid, I am in the range of normal. Thank you again and best wishes to you and your babies!!!
I was way more adventurous and wild and rebellious than my friends with attentive and/or overprotective parents were, and my mother was totally hands off. I could do whatever I wanted. (I also was very responsible, got top notch grades and was very sporty) Anyway, I don't think you should make the assumption that your dd's friend will rebel. I would guess that she will have a wonderful and close relationship with her mom. My friends from childhood who had "those moms"...
This is a little foil intensive but we almost always put fresh washed broccoli spears into a tin foil packet and add some shredded cheddar andheat it up on a grill over the fire. Another idea is to wrap baking potatoes and sweet potatoes or yams in tin foil and set them at the edge of the campfire for an hour, then have a little buffet of toppings: butter, sour cream, salsa, chopped broccoli, shredded cheese, chives and parsley, brown sugar or cinnamon, etc. Scrambled...