or Connect

Posts by RiverSky

Great lists and suggestions, everyone! Thanks!
It is definitely a real sound, but I have only heard it when in a room with no music or TV on, it's not extremely loud, but clearly, it comes from the baby's movement, in one way or another. I agree that it doesn't make sense that the baby would make this sound with his/her mouth or anything, but the sacs slapping against each other or knuckles or joints cracking sound rather plausible to me. The whole thing is odd! LOL! But it's happened to me repeatedly, and...
My children have never had this issue, because I made such efforts to be extremely involved in the homeschool community. Right away, we knew more children who homeschooled than went to brick-and-mortar schools. I think that the more you spend time around homeschoolers, the more your child will be able to handle those sorts of comments.
I think the only way to help a child fall asleep more quickly at night is to tucker them right out during the day. Does he get outside during the day? What does your week look like? Do you take him to playgroups at the park numerous times a week? Do you take him for walks in a stroller every single day? I found that at that age (and many other ages, even now that my children are 9 and 11) that if I take the children to a long field trip, a zoo, a big playground...
This is very reassuring. This is my third child but I don't recall anything like this with my first two. I'm so glad to hear that it's not just me! LOL!
My eldest went to kindergarten in a public school. He felt like he had a pretty fun time, but overall, the year was just hugely BLAH and just-not-good-enough with a number of slightly-jaw-dropping icky things. At the very end of the year, I had the overwhelming urge that I never wanted to take him back there again, and that is when I REALLY started on my homeschool research. I was not about to make such a decision lightly so it took me 6 or 7 weeks of reading until I...
Okay, this sounds really weird to me but I mentioned it to a friend the other day and she told me she had heard of it before, so I am going to ask about it here. Do you ever hear a sound when your baby kicks or punches? Something like a bubble popping sound? Or a knuckle cracking? or flicking at plastic? For the past few days, I can sometimes (a few times a day) hear a sound at the exact moment that baby kicks or punches me. Isn't that odd? I'm 34 weeks...
At over 34 weeks, we really need to get started on our birthing playlist. I believe that I will great much relief from having some fantastic music playing while I birth at home. What do you suggest? Are there any great playlists online? I like most types of music, but not country. Fire away! Thanks!
Quote: Originally Posted by ollyoxenfree Even though we have mostly hardwood flooring, I find a vacuum really useful. It's easier to use the small brush attachment for dusting baseboards. I like using the extending wand to reach up into ceiling corners for cobwebs, and to dust around the door frames. I can quickly do the baseboards and corners every week. If you don't use a vacuum, how do you take care of these areas? Is there another quick, easy...
What a sad story! I have no advice for you though. Please update us on what the police say, if anything.