or Connect

Posts by RiverSky

Such great info! Thank you all so much. I feel very reassured. Posted via Mobile Device
Can you fit some kind of mattress on the floor, beside or under your bed, sort of like a trundle, that your 6 year old can go into at night? Costco sells some really thick foldable camping mattresses for about $40-50 that would be comfy but easy to hide away. My 9 year old still occasionally wants to come in and if I am feeling like we don't have enough room in the bed, then she sleeps in a reclined recliner in our bedroom. Posted via Mobile Device
My 11 3/4 y. o. son just hit the 5 step test marks and he was quite excited to no longer need the high back booster. Our 9 year old daughter is still in her Britax Parkway HBB. Neither of them ever argued or complained about sitting in their boosters because I explained to them regularly that they were much safer in the case of even a small fender bender in their boosters. They noticed that some of their friends did not use boosters but they would quietly tell me about...
...not UC, but what to do with the placenta and the cord!!! So, let's jump to when baby is born, in water, I/we pull baby up and ... what? I want to wait until the cord stops pulsing, no pulling on cord, then what? We plan to probably just use boiled white shoe laces and strong stainless steel scissors that we have (cleaned with rubbing alcohol, then boiled for 30 minutes). Do we need a clamp or two? I am vaguely considering eating some of the placenta...
I find that taking a baby into a hot steamy batroom with a hot shower running does wonders to help clear them up. Just take a chair inthere and hang out, maybe nurse while holdung baby upright (so that gravity helps with the runny nose). I also put eucalyptus essential oil on pillowcases where we are sleeping or laying and sometimes right on our PJs or t-shirts, so that the scent helps clear out our passages, too. Posted via Mobile Device
Kittens can be neutered or spayed as soon as they turn 2 lbs. I would set up an appointment within the next week, no later, if I were you. Our cats prefer having their own litter box, each, so I agree with the previous poster that you should get a second litter. The kitten may hate going in a dirty box, too, so keep them as clean as possible. I find that Nature's Miracle (an enzyme cleaner) does wonders on cat accidents, so stock up! (at most pet stores) I...
Quote: Originally Posted by kittywitty http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5naQC...feature=autofb Another good one! That was good!!! Thanks!
Nope, babies are best in their parents' bedroom. We are due to have our third child any day now, and live in a spacious home with 4 bedrooms. Our 11 and 9 year olds have their own rooms. The 4th bedroom is more of a playroom/random room (we recently moved here and haven't totally set it up yet). Meanwhile, when people ask us about the baby's room, we simply say that we keep our babies in our bedroom with us. We have a changing table, and baskets filled with diapering...
I have never heard of that before, so no, I don't think it's common. I do think it's a very cool idea, though, as long as the item isn't very expensive. I think the idea of souvenir pens is a good one. I also think that unused postage stamps would be great, as would coins from the place you are going, perhaps new, uncirculated ones that you could pick up at a bank. Children LOVE to collect stamps and coins from other countries.
No, I don't send my 11 and 9 year olds to go play outside by themselves. I don't think it's safe to do so. Not only do we live in Florida, where we sometimes have alligators blocking the streets when I go to drive out of my community, but a 13 year old shot and killed his mother (there were legal guns in the house, it is being publicized as an accident as of now) about a block and a half up the street, less than 2 months ago. We live in an upscale, gated community in an...