or Connect

Posts by TryingMommas

If only one choice, and without any plastic - I'd pick one of the (german?) small rainbow wood stacking bowl or arch sets like this - http://www.amazon.com/Rainbow-Nesting-Stacking-Small-Outside/dp/B000Y2MOQM which are so high quality, can be teethed on, "cooked" with in play kitchen, build a tower out of, hide things in them when stacked with one inverted, lightweight and pack-able, share-able/dividable between siblings, not gendered, still look good after heavy use...
thanks for the reply, shayinme!   I do think it'll be easier to find the things I mentioned above in Portland, but my wife really wants to live more rural, i.e. woods adjacent to the house! So maybe the edges of portland? (westbrook, s.windham, falmouth?).  No idea what we'll be able to afford yet, either - still looking for work.  Who knows, we may end up neighbors if I get a job in Portland, scarborough, Old Orchard, or S.Portland - we do have at least one kid the...
Please, southern maine families, tell me why you *love* your: - Kids' school (esp. public but want to hear about all the options) - town or neighborhood - fave crunchy & kid-friendly businesses - places to meet other families that are at least sorta AP, bfing, healthy eating, less/no TV, etc. and even better, LGBTQI-friendly!   My wife and I just moved our family to Maine from California to be closer to family. She grew up here but I never lived here before,...
Quote: Originally Posted by Ambiebambie1011 My daughter was born on the 27th of August <...> Is her constant wanting to eat normal, or am I just not producing enough for her? After a full nap, she'll nurse every 2-4 hours, depending on how much formula she ended up taking in. At night she goes longer - 5-6 hours. Um, every 2-4 hours is not very often for a baby that young to eat - and constantly wanting to eat (along with making you fall in love...
thanks, ewe and rebecca. I may just wait for awhile, but I'd like to keep doing my research while I'm waiting, ya know? Do you think this would be something an LC might be able to help/consult about? With me or with the dermo? I have Kaiser health insurance and I know they have LC's on staff at their hospitals. I have been so fortunate with nursing so far - easy with both babes - that I have never had cause to talk with an LC before, so i don't really know if this...
fancy meeting you here, rebecca! thanks for the b-day wishes for everybody - hugs to your crew, too. I guess stitches on one's breast while nursing isn't a very common predicament ... anybody ever deal with whether or not to do a mole biopsy otherwise? still hoping folks have more ideas ... thanks rachel
thanks, ewe+lamb i'm nursing my daughter (the 11m.o.) right now on that side and it looks like the mole is about 3/4 in away from the corner of her mouth when she nurses in her normal (cross-hold?) position, so it seems like she wouldn't actually have the stitches in her mouth. but the mole and the skin around it is moving a lot as she sucks. and she is just starting to experiment with the toddler-style climb all over momma while bf "gymnurstics" as we like to call...
I have a funky freckle/mole on the edge of my areola which the dermo says should be removed ... but I am tandem nursing my 3 yo (rarely) and 11 mo old (a lot - still early with solids) and am worried what would happen (I am planning child-lead weaning with both kiddos, so weaning isn't an option). Dr. said he'd remove a 5-7 mm area of skin and it would require stitches - he didn't seem to know anything about bf so didn't offer much beyond that i could wait until she's not...
Hi all: Phoebe Sage born 9/29/08, 5:53 pm EDD: 10/3/08 8 lbs 4 oz 19 1/4 in long Labor - Home and born in the water. Start to finish 15 hrs of contx, only about 4 hours of active labor, last hour of which was in the tub trying NOT to push so midwives and 2 yo DS could make it to the birth Labor was AWESOME, none of which I'd describe as painful, spent most of it alone and moving/walking/rocking/and using hyp breathing. DW got home in time for the last 3 hours -...
almost there ... I was out of my pre-preg "skinny" clothes by a week after I tested, and now already my "transitional" pants (1-2 sizes up that i wore 1st tri and postpartum last time) are already tight and I'm only 7 weeks! I definitely feel like I am the size now that I was at the end of the first tri last time, and I have been feeling anxious at work like everyone is looking and wondering why I'm gaining weight. I'm sure that is all in my head, but I still...