or Connect

Posts by beansavi

Quote: Originally Posted by orangewallflower Muse, why can't you pull your son? (I ask this in a wondering tone, not a questioning one...) Waldorf discipline (especially that sending out of the room crap!) was one of the biggest deal breakers for me. I went to Back to School night at my DS's new public school, and when the teacher talked about discipline it was like a breath of fresh air after Waldorf. Yes, of course, they talk to kids, involve parents...
Muse, you wrote: "...and the whole thing there which we were told very clearly last night by the mentor is that we must support the teacher 100%, not question her, have an "inner yes"" to everything she does, and that is how she will be able to support our children." BARF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and here we have in words the very essence of the waldorf attitude. In fact, the same attitude as any other cult. "Inner yes to everything" "Anger if...
Quote: Originally Posted by karne I'm feeling that we need Bean here now too. Good God children are so precious! Why does anyone have to treat them badly? Hugs Muse. I'm here! Off to read what's up! Hugs in the meantime!
Sounds like an awesome kindergarten, Karne! My son was very frustrated by not having a desk and getting to read, etc. I was told his natural inclinations toward this behavior were a sign of avoidance on his part during this particular incarnation on earth. *deep sigh* I was told that we should not give in to these inclinations and instead steer him toward the nourishing free play of kindergarten for another year (since he missed the 1st grade deadline by 9 days). And...
double post!
Quote: Originally Posted by karne I guess we've really moved on. The craziness and the intensity have sort of faded into the background, and our entire family benefits from the evenness of the school experience now. I am entirely comfortable with our home life providing the spiritual grounding we want, and not having a religious system I really don't agree with being the everyday, mostly hidden, agenda of my kids education. DH was commenting that we...
Quote: Originally Posted by ravenna206 Hi everyone, our 1st week of school is done with and it went great. My dd is really stepping up to our hectic schedule and is loving it. She was nervous the 24 hours before school started which is unusual for her but fell right into routine. I ran into a fellow ex-W parent who's child is blossoming too. Life is going great here and I really feel like I can breath. I hope everyone else is enjoying their time too!...
Quote: Originally Posted by ravenna206 Wow Gals! I'm kind of jealous because I'm still waiting for school to start! Bean your class sounds like a dream come true for any child! I'm so : happy for you, that you've finally made it and are doing something you love! I think that's the most important thing, is to true find a career that is so fulfilling that it's not a job. Does that make sense? I went back to my part time job and I'm happy too. It's...
Quote: Originally Posted by karne Beanie your description of your room, especially the reading corner, is so, so wonderful. I can just see it, and see it filled with the students who will make your life so joyful this year. You're an inspiration. You've worked so hard to get where you are, and faced so much baloney (for lack of a better word!), that this time must just feel so good and so right. I get the sense that so much is in sync right now for...
Hi everyone! : I am nursing my first school season cold... yay for multiple-kid exposure! Anyhoo... I am going to catch up on all the posts now.... I LOVE teaching.... I am SO HAPPY! This is what I have wanted for so long... and my faculty and administration know how to let their hair down and LAUGH LAUGH LAUGH. I hope you are well and happy. Love, Bean