or Connect

Posts by beansavi

Quote: Originally Posted by littleanniesky Recently, I read somewhere that the single most important determinent (Is that a word?) of a child's future LIFE success, like 80% of the impact- comes from a child's HOME life, not school, no matter who teaches it or how much we pay for it or whether or not Rudolph Steiner or Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer is behind it!!! !!! Oh I SO love this quote. Well said! I feel this way. I look back on...
Hi everyone! Littleanniesky, I just wanted to address your comment that this thread is "getting tired and the posts are few and far between". I am glad you brought that up! Actually, you will soon see that things come in spurts, and that sometimes, when we are feeling relatively okay for a period, we enjoy that time of peace. When the feelings return (and they do many times over and over until resolution. For me, it's been 6 years), we post away and have periods of...
Quote: Originally Posted by willandgraceandme I completely had no idea how hard it is to cultivate good "true" adult friendships. When we are younger, they come built in, neighbors classmates, roommies in college, we carry them with us and the bonds are sealed forever. What I loved at Waldorf was the pool of folks to draw on came from such a similar lean as me, it was easy to feel an immediate bond. Some of the work was done from the beginning , like...
Quote: Originally Posted by purplepetal21 I had always thought I would just join a community and add my flavor. But it looks like that is not my path. and when ever I try to get off my path I struggle...so here is to remaining on my path and running!!! Thank you again. I think most of us have found this to be a fundemental truth. Thank you for saying it so clearly. PS Purple, the first few times I saw your user name, and when I went to...
OMG I can so relate to the post, below. *hugs to you, purple* I have spoken at length, many pages and months back in this thread about how I was drawn to waldorf because I wanted the "whole package deal": the spiritual life/the parent friendship circle/ the children's friendship circle/the creative outlet/and the J.O.B. to be all together. I so wanted that to be the case, and as you said, "hold hands with my neighbor and know our hearts beat in unison". So when...
Quote: Originally Posted by karne Bean this is why your next group of students is going to be so lucky to have you! . Awww. *sniff sniff* thank you, Karne! *big squeezie hugs* Quote: Originally Posted by orangewallflower [I] This thread is one of the very few places on the internet that is really safe for people who have had bad experiences with Waldorf. Everywhere else it flares up in vitriolic debate and then...
HI Guys, Sorry I have been MIA. There's a lot going on here right now. I am off to catch up here. Purplepetal, it has been six years for me, and I still feel that "pang" when I look at a waldorf site. But it doesn't last long, and I come here to be reminded of the Truth of waldorf... not the shiny veil in front of it. Remember this: What is resonating inside of you at these times is exactly that: It is inside of YOU. It was in YOU first, and then you came...
Did I already tell y'all this? I ran into some of my former waldorf students (understand that I LOVE my former students: It's the adults who were a-holes and still are) last week at a summer crafty day camp my kids were going to. They are going into 10th grade! They are going to my old high school now! How neat is that? It's a small, private school that is very eclectic, not expensive and snooty. Anyway, after our joyful chatting and huggin (they had the nerve...
Quote: Originally Posted by ravenna206 and you think I'm joking... I literally spit on each one. My husband was dying laughing. A girl's gotta' do what a girl's gotta' do! Bean I can totally see you doing this! It's definitely something I have thought about with my one Waldorf book! I've gotten rid of all the printed out sheets and am trying to figure out how to re-coup the 4 years of tuition! We weren't rich to start and that...
My kids have three names in addition to their last name, too. I love it. And if it resonated with you, then I think the little guy's trying to tell you something!