or Connect

Posts by craftymom

Yep, as well as the cat, the yard, all grocery/household shopping, homework checking, getting them to meetings/classes/lessons, attending school meetings, and 90% of the cooking and cleaning. I have 2 kids in lower elementary. The older one is starting to clean bathrooms and do the lawn. woo-hoo! They also both help cook, but that usually takes longer He will take them places--like I had jury duty today, so he took them to a class (and complained!). He also coaches soccer.
I have 2 that are in elementary. Our school is 4 miles away, so I drive (very few buses here). My older is still scared of riding in others' cars. They go to bed about 8, so no alarms in the morning. They wake up, have breakfast. Our choices are (and vary a bit): frozen homemade waffles I do on weekends, pancakes (when they are on a kick, I keep batter in the fridge), toast w/butter or jam or cinnamon, OJ, coffee (oh wait! that's me), any fruit that doesn't require lots...
We have a 2002 Volvo V70 (manual, no turbo, no leather--the stripped version) and love it! We get 25+ mpg, have gotten over 30 with mostly highway (in spite of having a cartop carrier, no less). I just wish I could turn the passenger side airbag off, ours is too old for that. Can carry TONS of stuff.
My older ds was trained 2.5 months before starting K (he was 4.5+). I think part of this is just personality. My guy could care less about peer pressue (I'll like this when he's 15, right?). We ran out of diapers (with plenty of warning). This was for pee too, though. I caught him (at mils, who blamed me for the whole impossibleness of training him, of course) and put him on the potty and tickled him. Once he realized it didn't hurt, he was fully trained and no accidents...
I thought I didn't care until my 5yo ds started calling me "Mommymommymommymommymommymommymommy" in a very high-pitched but slightly descending voice. He does not stop until I respond. If he takes a breath he starts over up high. It drives me insane. I have actually NOT been responding and he has gone over 10 minutes, then he starts looking for me while doing it, and stops when he finds me and asks/demands whatever it is he was looking for me for. Sometimes he has...
No advice--but my now 8.5yo ds was EXACTLY the same way. He would not draw, would not color, would not ride a tricycle because he couldn't do it "right". We used to catch him practicing the tricycle in the backyard by himself--and if once of us went out, he would jump off! Now that he's 8.5, he is still a perfectionist. Not in cleaning up after himself, the one thing I would appreciate He very much has an engineer's brain, which he comes by honestly on both sides of...
Given what you already know--that it may be best for you to be done by 30--and that you want more kids, and that you are fortunate to have found your guy, I would suggest trying as soon as you both feel up to it I don't mean in 2 weeks (but whatever!). Remember, no matter how hard people plan, it doesn't always work out. Maybe it never works out. Sometimes a pg doesn't come as easily or is easier (my mom could tell you about this ). Sometimes people loose pregnancies...
Jeca, This was me too, but then practicality whacked me in the face (can't refuse to host playdates, can't buy a minivan, and I just can't be paranoid because I get so nervous and lose weight when I worry about the might-bes)! Mine are now 5.5 and 8.5, and both in Graco boosters. The 5.5yo only rides in the high back, the 8.5yo usually is in the backless/popup. He prefers the high back for long trips (more comfy for snoozing), but is truly about to outgrow the back. My...
I have never been impressed with V8's ingredients either. It's like the veggie form of "fruit snacks". My parents love it and always try to get my kids to drink it to "get their veggies". Honestly, I'd rather they just have coke at the grandparents' because they like and eat veggies, I don't want them thinking V8 is actual food. There are some veggie juices at trader joes and even costco that seem to be more actual veggies. I'm no expert though, since this is not an...
My ds5 is allergic to potatoes, and as a nursling I has to be off both potatoes and tomatoes because he got eczema. He now eats cooked tomatoes only in the form of pizza/pasta sauce, and won't eat raw--which may still bother him. Potatoes are a no-no still. I myself have digestive reactions to bell peppers (but not hot--maybe I don't eat enough--bell peppers also make me cry like onions, whether green, red, or yellow) and cooked or overripe tomato skins. So, he was not...