or Connect

Posts by Sherra

I'd be wary of the knock offs because of the inner coating. I know the sigg has been tested and has I think test results if you write the company. Also Kleen Kanteen does too...the test results are actually printed on their website. With all the leaching going on..I'm very wary of companies who don't put it in print what their product does with the inner linings.
Quote: I recommend you read the work of Weston A Price, Nutrition and Physical Degeneration. I've heard a lot good about this book. I'm adding it to my list.
Quote: Every baby develops at its own pace. Our five-month-old so far is an early developer, thank God. She rolls and crawls and sits independently and laughs heartily and grasps precisely and solves problems and interacts socially, and is currently eagerly working on learning to stand. She keeps us busy, but it's magical to watch. This is wonderful but it's important to note that it is also common to start all of this at that age. Also, it's...
Yup, our babe got a few bonds without the need for the SS number. Just say you haven't gotten it yet..and that you heard that they can get bonds without it..if they are indeed getting bonds. If they want to open up an account, encourage the bonds. Most family members asking are just trying to be kind, not do anything bad or against wishes..heck they want to GIVE money! They probably haven't even thought what an invasion it is since I think identity theft is not...
Between this board, kellymom.com, and that book you have, I felt more than informed on the issues of breastfeeding. I went to a very uninformed class that was an hour long. My time could have been spent better elsewhere. They make those classes so general it's almost only useful if you were holed up in a cave and knew zero about it. I'd let your CNM know about this though for sure. Maybe she can atleast stop it from happening to someone else by going back to them...
My sister has it..hates it. Consumer reports didn't rate it high. According to the reports, it emitted "ozone" into the air which can aggravate allergies and asthma. I guess all ionizing air cleaners emit this..but some exceed the industry standard. It had a very details report just on ionic air cleaners alone that was really informative. I highly recommend if you are going to sink a hundred or so bucks into a good air cleaner, join consumer reports online..you...
Quote: Merck is hoping for approval of the vaccine to help the company recover from last year's withdrawal of arthritis drug Vioxx and resulting lawsuits. Makes me ill. It really gets me when these reports repeat over and over the mantra of "if we give a vaccine, the symptoms are lessened". Being in the science field and running labs for quite a few years, there is NO way to prove this. You can't create two conditions in a child to even begin to...
http://www.mbayaq.org/cr/seafoodwatch.asp For your area: http://www.mbayaq.org/cr/SeafoodWatc...px?region_id=5 Maybe there is more info among that webpage to actual mercury content. You can even print out your own little guide to put in your purse: http://www.mbayaq.org/cr/cr_seafoodwatch/download.asp
Missy, So sorry you had to go through all of this. I went through my own hellish nightmare when my daughter had her seizure after her 2 mo. shots..which included prevnar. What they do not tell people is prevnar has been known to cause seizures. It bugs me that they downplay the risks. My child is healthy, we breastfeed, I come from a healthy line, so does my hubby and she STILL had a seizure. The hospital suspected the pertussis component of the dtap in pediarix,...
Renae, Quote: just to make sure he's on track and all that so would it be good to get the exemption signed for the dr so he can't aruge with me as much? The exemption form is for school, not doctors. Doctors do not consider the exemption form. Your best bet is to call around to doctor offices and ask what their policy is on parents choosing to not vaccinate and do they support that parental decision. You need to know that some pediatricians...