or Connect

Posts by mlleoiseau

My sil is wondering how to go about getting a religious exemption in Tenn. Do you make an appointment at the health department? She's in Nashville if it makes a difference. Tia!
Thanks. Yes, I would be taking them with me to do my normal things. As far as the 5 yr old goes, I would have him 1-2 hours before school and 1 hour after school during the school year. The commute is only about 20 minutes. I was assuming it would be easier to provide their food, and I would be taking them on some outings--to the park, library, children's museum, occasional playdates. Thanks for the input! I am so clueless because I've never had a babysitter...
I'm hoping one of you mamas can help me out. Recently a friend asked me to consider babysitting her children full time so she can go on day shift. I haven't completely made up my mind, but I am leaning toward saying yes. I would be babysitting her 5 yr old son and her 2 yr old daughter. I'm not sure what her hours would be, but I'm assuming it would be about 9 hours per day, 5 days a week. During the school year, I would need to take her son to school and pick him...
Thank you! I'll pass along the info.
This is a question for a friend of a friend. They've been ttc, she was diagnosed with endometriosis and had a procedure to correct it, and now he is diagnosed with low sperm quality and slow swimmers. Right now, she's just devastated. My friend tells me they can't afford fertility treatments. I'm not sure the exact situation, but is there anything he can do to improve sperm quality and motility? Tia!
Dd (5) has outgrown her CarGo harness and I'd like to have her harnessed still. I went to Target today and put her in their pink nautilus. It seems kind of narrow in the shoulders. Has that been a problem for anyone here? Also, I had to loosen the straps almost as far as they would loosen in order to strap her in it. I realize there would be a little more room once I take out the pad thing that's in it, but should I be concerned about her fitting in it later? ...
KayleeZoo, thanks for the advice. I took dd out today in her CarGo as a booster and I'm not happy with the belt positioning. I redid the seatbelt thingy twice and it still didn't look right. I'll have to check it against her bones the next time I put her in. Dh has agreed to let me buy the nautilus. I looked at it at Target today, and it seems awfully narrow in the shoulder area. Off to start a new thread.
I would love to get a Graco Nautilus, but dh is complaining about the cost. Dd is big enough (5 yr old, 41 lbs and 43 inches), and mature enough to sit in a booster seat. I would prefer keeping her in the center of the back seat, though, and my car only has a lap belt in the center. I would prefer keeping her harnessed, too. The seat we have now, Graco CarGo, can be used as a booster seat. I was thinking that we'd have to buy a booster seat so that the 2 yr old I have...
Dd is 5 and now weighs 41 lbs. so she has technically outgrown her 5 pt harness. Dh is pushing for a booster seat. My sil swears that it's totally safe to keep a child in the "up to 40 lbs 5 pt harness" until they reach at least 50 lbs. Is there any truth to that? Right now I still have dd in the 5 pt harness in the center of the backseat. If I switch to a booster seat, she'd have to go behind either the driver or passenger. Also, sometimes dd has to ride in dh's...
Thanks! I didn't know Mimi's was a chain. We're not necessarily looking for mom&pop type places, just different places. While dh was in the military we lived all over and ate at different types of restaurants. Now we've moved back home to Polk County and all we really have is Chili's and the like.