or Connect

Posts by mlleoiseau

That is a beautiful letter. I am going to send it to our preacher. On Father's Day, the bible class teacher brought up spanking and its benefits. And in the sermon, the preacher even said something advocating spanking. Everyone there I know of is pro-spanking. All the little kids except dd are always getting popped for something during services. :
Does anyone know what the law is in Florida? My 11 yr old niece is staying with her grandma (my mil). I was on the phone with mil today and she mentioned she needed to go to the library to pick up dn. I think 11 is too young to be at the library alone. Dh agrees. Especially since this is a child who will talk to anyone, doesn't listen to authority figures and is playing games on the internet that her parents don't approve of. We do live in a small town, and mil does...
Thanks for the input. I agree. It is putting the cart before the horse. But I'm the kind of person that needs to think about different aspects of things beforehand. As far as I can tell, dh wouldn't want to tell a child he/she were adopted because he feels they would feel less a part of the family if they knew. Not sure how he has come up with that. And his best friend is adopted and dh has never discussed this aspect with him. We haven't talked about it any...
You're right and I do know that depression cycles. In fact, I am feeling quite irritable and have a very short fuse today--I'm pms'ing and will be for the next two weeks. I do feel better though in the sense that I no longer feel like I'm in a deep dark pit. I will definitely look into therapy/psychiatry. Thanks.
I know absolutely nothing about adoption. Dh and I do want another baby, and it doesn't seem to be happening naturally. Dd wants a baby, too. She frequently prays that we have one. I have a cousin (actually the adopted daughter of my dad's cousin) who has had three babies out of wedlock. Before she had the first, she asked my well off aunt for help. My aunt let her move in and told her she would do anything to help her, but that she didn't want to raise the child...
I have that, too. I agree that the best thing is to avoid the triggers. I pretty much only watch kid shows with dd or the food network. I even had to stop reading most anything but Christian fiction. I still have nightmares sometimes.
Thanks for the information. I'm kind of putting this off again because as of Sunday evening, I feel much better. I know I should still follow up, though. I may be able to see a psychiatrist under our insurance. I'll have to get out the policy and read it. Really, except for when I feel like I'm totally about to lose it, I don't want to be on medication. I do realize it's helpful and would be great at getting me better enough to work on other things, but I'm...
Dd has started this, too, although she hasn't used pee or poop with it, yet. So far, it's just something she does around dh, my parents and I and just for fun. I'll be checking back for advice.
Oh, and I don't try to make her stop crying. I have always been very adamant about letting her express her emotions. I hate it when I'm upset and someone basically tells me I have no reason to be upset.
Okay, so that probably wasn't the best example to use. I did totally understand dd being upset and crying. And my friend didn't make any comments about her needing to be spanked--I just figured she was probably thinking it. (I was raised with the whole "if you don't stop crying, I'll give you something to cry about mentality.") I really haven't figured out anything that soothes dd. It seems like she has to cry and sometimes rage until she's all done and then she's...