or Connect

Posts by mlleoiseau

Let me start off by saying I hope I don't offend anyone with my ignorance of sn. That being said, I need ideas for behavior techniques to use with my nephew. Zach is four years old--just three months older than dd. He was born premature by an emergency c section when his mom developed toxemia. When he was born, half his face was paralyzed so he was further evaluated. He was found to have immature teratoma brain cancer/tumor suppressing the entire right side of his...
Dh, myself and dd moved in with my parents 6 months ago when we moved back home. Grandpa is retired and dd gets to play with him lots every day. Grandma is very doting after work and on the weekends, too. Dh is rarely home. We just bought a house and will be moving in February. It's only ten miles from my parents house. Of course, dd is very upset and doesn't want to leave grandma and grandpa. She is excited about the new house and about getting her old toys...
My dd is so like this, too. All day long every day and the characters change throughout the day. One of her things is being a baby raccoon and me being the mama (from a informative book about raccoons) and we have to find garbage cans to tip over. Oh and she has to nurse, too, and looks for a teat--usually finding one on my back or under my arm! Some days I really get tired of it.
or whatever it's called. We just bought a house, closing on the 22nd. We'd like to paint some of the rooms before the furniture gets delivered. What type of finish is best? Flat, eggshell, satin enamel, semi gloss, gloss? At the last place we lived before moving in with my parents, we painted one room with the kilz stuff that was flat, and it looked awful any time we tried to clean marks off the wall. We have no pets and just one child--4 yr old dd. We will...
Dd's bday is Dec. 27th and our anniversary is the 28th. We're still winging it, but this year we had her party (first one ever) at the park on the 29th with two of her cousins. She had fun and it was low key. Overall, I feel like her bday and our anniversary is kind of too much with Christmas. What with Christmas presents arriving early in the mail, two family Christmas celebrations, Christmas presents arriving late in the mail, her birthday, our anniversary and her...
Thanks for the suggestions! I will definitely try a low fat diet. I'm not having any pain--just basically queasiness. I'm hoping to prevent an attack and take herbs and such to help detox my gallbladder gently.
I think I may be having gallbladder issues. For a couple of weeks now I have felt pretty nauseous before and after eating and feeling very bloated after eating too. I can no longer lie on my stomach. I have also been having heartburn a lot and I've had a feeling like there's something stuck in my throat. I was thinking I may be pregnant, but I took a test and I'm not. We recently applied for life insurance and I found out today that we are being charged a...
I'm asking this for my sil about her friend who is 13 weeks pregnant. B, the friend, told sil that she has a uterine hemorrhage and the doctors can't figure out why she's not spotting. She's not on bedrest or anything, but has been told she absolutely cannot travel. B is very depressed about this as she travels to family for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. She is not very crunchy, but will consider alternative suggestions. Anyone know what you can do for a uterine...
I meant to add in my original post that we got rid of the trike when we moved. We ended up not having room for it, and it wasn't a very good one anyway cause the seat and handlebars wouldn't stay tightened. I have asked dd what she wants. She wants all three. I think she probably could pedal because she has pedaled around tricycles in Walmart before. But I think the one we bought was generally crappy, plus we had uneven sidewalks and no flat surfaces where we...
I need some advice. Dd will be four in Dec. She doesn't really like being outdoors much, but I think she might would with a bike or something. Before we moved here, she had a tricycle, but she never really rode it cause there wasn't a good place to ride. When she did, she'd give up very quickly on trying to pedal and just want to be pushed on it. She's very much an "i can't do it" type personality except for when she really wants to do something. Anyway, now that...