or Connect

Posts by Minky

Well, we'll still be keeping the vet's appointment. She hasn't quite kicked her eye infection yet, either, and the drops I have for her eyes aren't helping. I'll probably have the joy of shoving another course of antibiotics down her throat! Hahaha about eating ice cream for kitty's sake. Sounds like we had the same idea--give the emaciated cat what it will eat, so it doesn't starve to death. I just hope it hasn't caused Ember any lifelong problems. I've always...
Oh, dear, I've just gotten some new information. DD just informed me that she's been giving Ember ICE CREAM and youghurt, because she eats it in a funny way and it's fun to watch. (She picks it up with her paw, then licks it off.) She doesn't remember when she started doing this, but I'm guessing it has something to do with our current issues. She didn't do it today, because she knew I was concerned about Ember's health, and I actually noticed that Ember wasn't...
Well, her vet appointment is Friday. In the meantime, I'm going to have to find something else to feed her. She won't touch what the others eat, which is Purina One. As for taking care of her, we just bonded at the rescue, and nobody else wanted her because of her aggression and fear issues. We've done foster care for many years, I've just never had a cat be this picky about food, especially one that was literally starving to death in a ditch. Personally, I hate...
We have a one year old cat, a foster we've pretty much adopted because nobody else will have her. She's aggressive toward everyone but me, and lives a reasonably happy life hiding under my bed or sitting in my lap. About a week ago, I noticed that she's begun urinating excessively, and gulping down water at an extraordinary rate. We had a diabetic older cat before, and I'm prepared to deal with diabetes again, but Ember is only 1 year old! I'm going to get her an...
There is no Planned Parenthood in Columbus. The nearest one is Atlanta, which is 3 hours away and out of reach to her because of her work schedule. We've both talked about natural family planning but we're both incredibly terrified of it and neither of us has the resources or time to take classes. Come on, anyone know of any resources in Columbus for mamas who need the pill?
My sister has returned to the U.S. after living 15 years in New Zealand. In New Zealand, she paid about $2 for 6 months of birth control. Here, she's afraid to even ask what it would be, and won't apply for any kind of public assistance because she believes it will harm her DH's immigration case and her two DDs will be without their daddy. She needs a certain kind of birth control. It's the traditional pill. She's reacted badly to others in the past, and just...
I live with my dad, my stepmom, my kids, and our combined number of four cats. Three belong to my children and myself, one to my dad. Mulder, my dad's cat, had been living there before we arrived. The house is, in simple terms, a three story mansion. The cats transitioned wonderfully. Very little fighting, very little territoriality, and after a month or so, they started getting along. We've been living here 8 months. During the past 3, Mulder has had three...
Some no-kill animal shelters use old blankets as beds or for cleaning. If you know one in your area, you could ask. That's where my old towels and blankets went when we moved.
My dad made us declaw our three cats when I was a teenager. My family has moved in with him now and he wanted us to declaw our young cats, because they fight with the remaining declawed cat (15 y.o., wow!). I priced it and the vet wanted $250 per cat, and would have to put them to sleep while it was done. The thought of having to part with $1000 put the idea to rest. We live in rural Georgia. I really don't want them declawed, but, so you know, our 15 y.o. has...
I'd start by asking the lady who might own the cat if she still wants him/her. If not, perhaps the two of you could cooperate to get the cat into a no-kill shelter. If she does want her cat, would your children volunteer to feed him/her on the neighbor's doorstep, provided that the neighbor buys the food? If it gets fed on the neighbor's porch and never yours, it is likely to stop coming around. You could also see if the neighbor needs assistance driving the cat to...