or Connect

Posts by veggiemama4

I am very intrigued by the idea of an unassisted childbirth, my own birth was unassisted (just my parents were there) and after I was born a midwife came to check on me. This always freaked me out as a kid - but after four hospital births and being a doula (also aspiring midwife) it is starting to sound great. My last birth was so smooth that when I got to the hospital the babe just slid out, the moment I got onto the bed, lol my midwife was washing her hands and she...
If you decide to stay and have the baby at the hospital by your house than you should try to either have your mom come stay with you for awhile so she will be there when the baby is born or if that's not an option; I would try to find a doula as soon as possible. Personally I would try to convince my dh that the midwife plan is the way I wanted to go and that even if he misses a little bit of work or money... this is a once in a lifetime experience of having your child and...
I like the name Graciella (gr-ah-cee-ella) I like Vincent or Millay for a middle name (girl) after Edna St. Vincent Millay I am going for something latino this time around so any suggestions are welcome. I like I names and flower names things that are unusual but not too freaky... I thought about naming it after myself if it is a girl (Ruby) Would that be strange being that it would be my 3rd daughter?
Alcohol? NO WAY! Nuts? Sure Soft cheeses? A few pregnancies ago I wouldn't have... but I love greek salad: Lunch meats? I'm a Vegetarian Soft serve ice cream? Why not? It sounds gross to me right now but I would probably eat it if I had a craving... Sushi? No don't eat it anyway Artificial sweeteners (Splenda/Nutrasweet/etc)? Yuck Caffeine? Sorry baby but I have to have a little bit... (it's actually making me sick this time though) Raw...
I believe that the overall outcome for a girl child (maybe boy too but I am only going with what I know) is that she will become oblivious to her own desicion making. As with a child that is told, "you're not thirsty, go to bed" Every night when in fact she is thirsty, the child that hears "because I said so" over and over begins to rely only on what is told to them and deny their own feelings. This leads to promiscuity as a teen and young adult and most likely to drugs as...
My dad used to say that all the time and I HATED it. It left me asking, "who the heck are you??" Which he would reply if I ever had enough guts to ask, "GOD" I try to explain everything to my kids, and teach them the actual reasons behind why I am saying something. This works much better!
I guess that he was raised thinking that it is the woman's responsibility.. this may seem wrong to me and you but their is nothing that I can do about it now except tell him to get a vasectomy or never have sex with me again (which is what I told him.) His whole thing is that he was preventing it by (excuse my bluntness) pulling-out before he ejaculated. I guess he doesn't belive that some sperm could sneak through.
Hi, I am new to the GD threads but I am wondering how to convince my dh to give this a try? He used to be the quiet relaxed dad and I was more of the emotionally charged drama mama... but he has been getting very mad, yelling and being phyiscal with the kids. This is really due to his own stress- work, diabetes, maybe depression, having 4 kids so young... but I refuse to let him be such a brute and make excuses any more. It seems that he cannot control his anger and...
I have always had this cramping it is what has really been my signal that I am pregnant each time even before taking a test.
Congrats to all the March 2007 Mamas!!