or Connect

Posts by veggiemama4

Almost all of my pregnancies I have felt the same way. We have never been "old enough", "sane enough". "wealthy enough" or in a "good situation to have another kid." Everyone talks about me I'm sure and I remember even feeling embarassed to go to the midwife because I thought they would be like, "damn she's having another one" The thing is my husband is just as bad as everyone else. Only one of our children was officially "planned" and he seems to be my husbands favorite,...
Yes!! I think that it is worth it. I reccomend the BabyTrend stroller that has a seat in front and a place for an older child to either sit or stand in the back. My five year old can still fit in the back and my two-year old sits in the front. I have gone through a bunch of double strollers, (side by side are too big and akward) this is the only one that I liked. It is easy to manuver and easy to let an older child hop in and out of in the back. This is one like mine but...
We do have family meals and they always eat at the table.. this is a great idea! I am going to try to make enough for no second helpings tonight! Thanks
Hey mamas, Here is my question: I have had issues with my weight and self-image my whole life. I have constantly been concerned about my dd (now 9) getting fat and having these same problems as I have had forever. She is chubby but during the school year she dances and she does 6 classes so she was really fit. But now that school is out she seems to be eating everything and hungry all the time plus doing nothing physical. She is getting chubbier. We have limited her...
:
Hi, How many children do you already have? When I was pregnant with number four I was feeling them already at four months. It is because your body is much more in tune with your uterus etc., that you are noticing them earlier. Also are you very skinny or skinnier than you were during your other pregnancy? That may be the cause, if your uterus has less layers over it than you will notice it more. Maybe you are feeling the baby moving, not having contractions. Are you...
Hi, If you are up for a real heart to heart I would go for it. Tell her of a time that you were really stressed and frusterated and realized that something you were doing just wasn't working. Tell her that sometimes you feel like washing out your ds mouth with soap but you read somewhere that it is really damaging for their mouths and can poisen them(sometimes little white lies can help other people) . Let her know that you never punish your child while your upset, maybe...
Hi Rachel, The law here (Mass) is that a child has to be in a booster seat until 80 pounds, (it used to be 40) it does seem extreme. My little niece is almost 11 and she only weighs about 50 pounds.. She hasn't sat in a booster seat for years and years. It seems silly to me that a child has to be 8yrs old or eighty pounds and still in a booster seat but in ten more years who knows maybe I will be calling myself crazy for not having my 9 year old in one... Why can't we...
I am not trying to be hostile I just get irritated when people keep saying things like "I can't, I can't" I understand that some things have to be done - if your kid is sick and needs to go to the doctors and you have no access to a carseat would suggest staying home? no way. I just think that if you change your mindset to "I can" and you realize that it is important, you may be able to find a way to make it work. As far as your deeper issue, I don't know. Maybe you feel...
I have spent many an hour leaning over the carseat strtching my poor boob to it's limit, so that I didn't have to pull over or unbuckle my child. I of course wan't driving at the time....