or Connect

Posts by veggiemama4

Hi Rachel, Is it the law there for carseats? I understand that we take risks with our kids, and I understand what it is like to be poor, have crappy cars or no cars. No money etc., but I personally feel that the safety of our children is the priority, and I think that cinnamondmarco sounds like she is just making excuses, she is not trying to find a solution as you were, she is just saying: I don't use carseats and I don't care. Everyone's situation is different and I...
It seems to me that you are more concerned with going places than with the safety of your kids. It is a sad thing and I wish them the best.If that's the kind of parent you choose to be than I am sorry for you. Maybe you can look inside yourself after reading all these posts and think about prioroties and excuses and what it all means to be a parent. Little children are easily amused, they don't have to go out in cars all the time, they like walks and they like it...
Hi, Do you have a fever or any hot red spots on your breast as well? Here are some suggestions to try Apply moist heat before nursing (compresses, warm shower or bath, or leaning over a sink full of warm water). This will help increase circulation to the area and unclog the lump. Sit around with a heating pad on a low setting between feedings, especially during the night. This can also help dissolve the clog. One very strange but effective nursing position...
Hi, I am just wondering the difference in instances of child deaths due to not being a car seat in the Virgin Islands? I don't know the stats for the US or for the Virgin Islands. Here is my perspective as a mother of four, please don't take this the wrong way. I know that the culture in the Virgin Islands is different than here, but you said that it is the Law for children to be in carseats there as well. I am sure that in some countries it is not the law. I...
Hi, Do you feel like you are only a "part-time" nurser? If not then who cares what anybody else says. They are not the ones nursing your baby. You are doing what you feel is right in your situation, people that put labels on you and judge you for how you are choosing to live your life are not your true friends. Ruby
Hi, "My nipples have had nasty purple bruises at the ends of them for at least 6 months now and they hurt almost all the time" This is not normal! You should not be allowing your breast to get abused... I am not saying that your daughter is intentially hurting you, but for some reason us women feel that it is okay or acceptable to let our breasts get so hurt. if the tips of your fingers looked that hurt, you would most likely do something for them. I actaully...
Hi Susan, I am a doula, and will try to explain it to you; A doula is hired through your family and usually not covered by insurance. She will support you (and your husband) through your labor emotionally and physically with possible things like maggase, breathing and positioning and relaxation techniques. She is trained to support you in making your labor as comfortable as you want. A doula is hired by you, so she will be able to attend the birth as one of your...