or Connect

Posts by Neldavi

Hi there .. I posted this back in March so he's been out of the cast for almost two months now.  He ended up having the full leg cast for about a month and then a half leg cast for another month.  He walked on the half leg cast with a shoe for the majority of the time he had it.  When he got it off he had one of those boots that he wore for a couple of weeks when we went out.   The problem now is that he's still limping .. we finally got him into physical therapy and...
I am sending my 8 year old to 3rd grade next year after homeschooling since the beginning.  He's just going to our local public school as we have no alternative schooling options for older kids in our rural area.  My 5 and 2 year old already go to an awesome Montessori preschool two days a week, and they will go 3 days a week next year.    We're sending my oldest to school mostly because dh and I are both in school ourselves (dh only part-time, but I'm in nursing...
My almost 8 year old fractured his tibia skiing and is looking at the next 5-6 weeks with a cast and crutches.  He'll heal fine, but he's used to being active, independent, and being able to play and run around with friends often.    We've relaxed our screen-time rules, are playing lots of games with him, and are going out of our way to get him to spend time with friends, but he's still so sad and upset and generally grumpy and emotional.  I know this is to be...
olliemi, I just started my second semester of an ADN program and I have had many of the issues you are concerned about having. Like you, I have had my babies at home, believe in letting the body heal itself most of the time, and have never been around sick people for the most part.    Starting clinicals was very difficult for me.  I felt like an imposter.  I'm hoping this semester is a bit easier.  I got some good advice from an alternatively minded experienced...
aphel, clinicals were challenging for me mostly, I think, because I'm basically shy. Also, I've never done any kind of job in health care, have never spent much time in hospitals, have never spent much time with sick people, honestly. The most time I've spent in a hospital was after my second child's premature birth (my other two kids were born at home uneventfully) and successive stay in the ICU. It was traumatic all around. So, given this, most of my energy during...
I'm so glad to find this thread!  I've been on allnurses.com, but haven't found a group like you guys that have a lot of the same life situations as I do.   I'm about to start the second semester of my four semester ADN program.  My prerequisites are all done, I chipped away at them over a couple of years before applying to nursing school.  My kids are 7, 4 and 18 months.  They're mostly home with dh while I'm in school.  He works weekends and evenings.    First...
I had my third child 18 months ago and I still haven't gotten my period.  With my first it took 13 months, 9 months with my second but she didn't nurse, I was just pumping full time.  Now this one, she still nurses quite a bit including once or twice a night, but so did my first and it didn't take this long.   I'm 33 y.o. and I was found to have low thyroid in January and started on levothyroxine .. which I was wondering if that had anything to do with the...
It depends on the state. In MD I've had no problem with state insurance, energy assistance, and food stamps. In WV, however, if they find out you're not vaxing they will take the insurance away. This isn't necessarily enforced by doctors, though, and there's no forced vaxing, you just might lose your insurance. I've looked into childcare assistance too (I realize this probably isn't an issue for most homeschoolers, but dh and I will be doing a combination of...
Quote: Originally Posted by craft_media_hero How is everyone fitting it in? Would any of you all be willing to post your daily routine? I'm just having trouble settling in since the move and new baby and need some inspiration I'm probably not trying to do as much as you but I think our kids are similar ages. I'm homeschooling my 6 year old for first grade, plus I have a baby and a three year old that throw a huge wrench into the deal . Plus,...
Hi there, I've been lurking for a while but now I have a two-handed moment to post. I'm usually nursing the baby during my computer time and it's hard to type more than a sentence under those conditions, lol. This is my first year officially homeschooling. We basically unschooled for kindergarten last year, but have gradually switched over to more formal schooling for my oldest. I have ds 6, dd 3 (special needs, dyspraxic and SPD) and dd 7 months. Somebody please tell...