or Connect

Posts by spughy

Congratulations!  Welcome baby Oliver!
YAY!!! Oh that's fantastic news, nearlyelated.  What a clever baby!  I am shocked and humbled by your ability to do HANDSTANDS at this point too!    Not much going on here... lots of contractions for me last night, every 15 min for a couple of hours - but they died down as soon as I went to bed and after several nights of crappy sleep and feeling like a cold was coming on I thought a gravol was justified so I had a REALLY good sleep last night and feel much better...
Oh!  He's so chipper-looking!  Lovely story, LightForest!  Textbook, as you say.
  LOL!  I actually make really good blueberry pancakes and bacon.  It's one of my DD's favourite breakfasts.  Maybe one day I will come to your tower (which would be super awesome if you actually had one) and make you pancakes and bacon.    Beautifulnm - I don't think bad things happen if you drink the tea now, but it won't do anything!  Most lactation teas/herbs increase prolactin (or your sensitivity to it), but your placenta does such a good job of suppressing it that...
Chapsie what are the odds, statistically, that two women with the same due date would give birth on the same day?   If we could pull that off, we should go buy lottery tickets.  Because, um, that's *totally* how statistics works...
I'm juuuust about 39 weeks.  I am by my count but Wed is my official week-change day (going by LMP).  So officially I am 38 +5 but I know I ovulated a few days early - I just see no reason to let HCPs know about that.  My DD was born at 40+6 which is a little under the average of 40+10 for first-time babies, but my family history is all about the late late babies so I'm prepared for that.    Oh who am I kidding. I don't want a late late baby.  I want this baby out...
Whatever!  I'm 5'0" and my first baby was nearly 9 lbs.  I pushed her out in 45 minutes WITH her arm over her head.  Tell your SIL to suck it up princess, being small doesn't excuse you from the hard stuff. (Okay maybe more diplomatically.  I'm feeling cranky today.)  Also I have a friend from my first DDC who is barely taller than me (maybe a few inches) and her FIRST baby was over 12 lbs.  Born at home without any trauma or fun stories at all.  So pbbbbtttttt to that. ...
Wildmansmom - personally, I think AP isn't just about attachments to parents, it's about facilitating healthy attachments to other people as well, especially other people like grandparents.  Nuclear families aren't particularly natural, our culture is about the only one that doesn't heavily involve grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. in child-rearing.  If your LO is familiar with your MIL and happy with her and she wants to have some special time with him, I say...
Yay LightForest!!  Congratulations!  Can't wait for more details.
My baby just head-butted out part of my mucus plug.  My cervix wishes I was exaggerating about that.  Urgh.  Somehow I don't think it's MY body that's going to be directing this show.