or Connect

Posts by devon

I'm taking part in Mothering's "Blog about Breastfeeding" by writing about "Mama's Milk"   Nursing a toddler – it is something that, as a new mom, seems so far removed when you are struggling with latch issues, milk supply, and waking all night with a sweet little one who wants to cluster feed.  Many people in our society have only minimally experienced an infant nursing – let alone a nursing toddler.  However, there are so many benefits to nursing a toddler; in...
I'm interested!  We've swaddled all of our kiddos with varying success. 1) have a baby that is less than 4 months old AND between 6-11 lbs, YES, 3 weeks and 10 lbs 2) live in the US YES - Indiana 3) would be interested in participating in a review program this month YES!
Check out the Facebook group - Noonan Syndrome Family - https://www.facebook.com/groups/noonanfamily/  It is definitely the most helpful group I have been a part of.
Our garage door broke this morning with our cars inside.  We have a rental car for today until it can be fixed and our cars rescued and the lovely one they gave us is a 4 seater, fancy looking Fiat.  Nice, huh?     We live 1.5 miles from school and routinely bike/walk but it is icy and I don't feel comfortable doing that right now (I'm 25 weeks pregnant and worry about falling on untreated sidewalks).     I have an 8 year old who is currently in a HBB (Nautilus)...
Hi Julie, Yes, I'm on both those FB groups - unfortunately, it seems like this is more related to the CP than the NS as no one else has experienced it.     purplepaisleymama - thanks for your history.  Matthew is very mild CP as well - he had right sided discrepancy from a pretty early age so that is really the only way that we knew - and honestly, if I had not pushed for an MRI, probably wouldn't have the CP diagnosis at all and everything would be blamed on the...
Also - anyone know of a good CP forum for parents with kids?  His needs are extremely mild in this regard but I haven't found great resources out there.
Anyone out there dealing with hip subluxation/hip displasia? DS is 3.5 years old.  He has Noonan Syndrome which makes him hypotonic, and mild hemiplagic (right side) cerebral palsy (hypertonic).     He started walking around 18 months. He has loose joints in general due to the hypotonia but also issues with tightness especially on the right side in the hamstrings and achilles.  He does have extremely tight hamstring muscles as well. Around that time, his physiatrist...
New to the DDC here...   This is our 4th kiddo and we've used cloth dipes with all of them - we started when our oldest was around 6 months.  We did mostly all pockets with him, but with each kiddo, we've moved to more and more only using prefolds/prefitteds and covers.  I just went through my cloth yesterday and realized that I didn't really buy any new diapers (maybe one or two pockets) with my #3 kid, and with this new baby, I am all set.  I have prefolds and...
 Yeah, our kiddo just turned 8 and he is still in the high-back portion of the Nautilus in our everyday car (an Odysee). I would prefer a high back if they are going to be sleeping still too.  
We have an '04 corolla and we are able to get a FF Radian, RF Radian, and a Harmony LiteRider booster.  Actually, now we have two FF Radians and the Harmony.  We had a turbobooster and it was a knuckle bruiser to buckle.  Our 7 year old is in the harmony and he can buckle himself in (although he has developed a definite 'technique' to doing so involving wiggling around.