or Connect

Posts by devon

That is not quite fully correct.  It is correct that EoE is a non-IgE mediated allergic response.  However, about 70% of kids with EoE are able to remove the foods that they tested positive to on their skin prick testing and simply by removing these foods, their EoE is able to be cleared up.  Alternatively, 80% of kids are able to simply remove the top 8 allergens (dairy, eggs, soy, wheat, nuts, tree nuts, fish, shellfish) and this will clear up the EoE.  96% of kids...
We don't have this exact situation but are dealing with hi/low tone.  My youngest DS is 3 also - he has global hypotonia (all over) but also has hemiplagic cerebral palsy, so he has increase tone (primarily in his right lower leg, but also somewhat in his right arm).  He has two underlying conditions though causing the difference (Noonan Syndrome causing the hypo and then the CP)   We've been doing PT since he was 6 months of age (when we only knew about the...
I think I do want an infant seat - the baby will be born in the winter (cold) and with 3 big siblings and lots of school functions, it will be nice for the early months to just pick up the carrier to walk into the school to pick them up instead of having to unbuckle, wake up, etc. for a 5 minute thing.   Our 3 year old just moved FF in the TrueFit, right around when he turned 3.  I didn't even think of moving him to the Nautilus!  (brain fog here).  Our oldest is not...
We're pregnant with #4 (yay!) and this is the biggest age gap we'll ever have - almost 4 years.  Our first three kiddos all used the same infant seat, that we got with DS #1, who is almost 8.  There were _not_ very many options back then, especially compared to now.   What brand do you suggest?  Here's our facts: * we have big babies - they have all been 8+ lbs at birth and over 20 lbs by 6 months.  The longest I used an infant carrier/bucket seat was 5 months...
In all the states I've lived in (OH, WI, IN), EI ends the day they turn 3, and the school district picks up.  There is not allowed to be any delay in service.  If you kiddo turns 3 with 2 days left at the end of the year, then the district HAS to offer you for him to go those 2 days.  You may choose for him to wait until the next year (which most people would) but legally, they have to start offering him services with no gap between them and EI.   If he was evaluated...
My son has Eosinophilic Esophagitis, an EGID (eosinophilic gastrointestinal disorder).  We travel 3 hours to go to Cincinnati Children's Hospital, which has one of the top eosinophilic clinics in the country.  It's the Cincinnati Center for Eosinophilic Disorders (CCED).  We found that our first experience at another hospital (in Indianapolis) did not give us satisfactory experiences.   Has he had any testing done?  To diagnose an EGID, they have to take a biopsy. ...
A friend of mine had to have part of a tube (I think..) removed due to gangrene when she was 6.  After her third pregnancy, she got a tubal done.  However, afterwards the doctor told her that they couldn't guarantee that the tubal was successful for sterilization because the egg could basically migrate down like the PP said.  They said she would have to have a hysterosalpingogram to guarantee that the tube had been fully removed/was non-functioning.
We have used balance bikes with our two oldest boys.  We started them on the balance bike around 2.5-3, and by 4 they were riding their bike without training wheels.  They probably could have learned even younger, but they just loved their balance bike (which is basically a bike without peddles, like they show in the video).  Both of our boys picked riding their 2-wheelers up very quickly, within 1 day of wanting to try it.   Our youngest is almost 3, and has some...
I would also lean in trying the Prilosec - because it is a PPI.  But, like you said, you have a history of problems with medications, so it's something to consider.  Did you talk to the doctor about your past problems with them?    I would definitely switch to a different GI, or get a different opinion.  Just saying "colic" or "reflux" is not acceptable, IMO.  This is extreme and this poor kiddo is suffering, as are you!   My kiddo is on Neocate but it took him...
I'd do PediaSmart before I do PediaSure.    http://www.naturesone.com/pediasmart-dairy/   It's organic, non GMO, and other good things.  If I had to pick something, I would try that.  It's not as 'scary' looking as pediaSure.   The other things suggested are good advice - upping the whole milk yogurts, healthy fats (avocado might be a great one!), and beans are the way to go.