or Connect

Posts by devon

Yes - definitely get a different GI.  We saw two before we found one that I felt like actually listened to us, and gave us the right information (and that was WITH having an EE diagnosis).    If they have to do a scope - it will be okay.  My little guy has bounced back tremendously well from them.  They are scary at first but I think warranted to find out the root of the problem.   Good luck.
I have a kiddo with EE, and I definitely think that going to a GI is the way to go.  They WILL likely suggest an PPI (like prevacid) and then an endoscope.  An elemental diet may be warranted (it sure sounds like it!)   The bad news is that a lot of insurances do not cover formula except for inborn errors of metabolism.  Some cover formula for infants for the first year, so I hope that will be the case.  Our kiddo just had to go 100% formula at age 5 so I understand...
Kelly - I recognize you from the Noonan group - I think we might have met at the conference?   Thanks for all the replies.  We ended up going and kept working with him and overall, it's going great!  He figured out how to let it go and pee on the potty.  It is taking a lot longer overall (for instance, within a week, our other boys picked it right up), but he is still making great progress and I love not having to buy diapers!  He was completely dry today and even...
We have a 2004 Toyota Corolla as our 'second' car - our primary kid vehicle is a Honda Odyssey.  We currently have a FF Sunshine Radian 65 behind the driver, a RF Radian in the middle, and a backless Turbo Booster behind the driver.  It fits - barely - but is a PITB to get the booster buckled.   Our kids are almost 5 DS (44 lbs, 44 inches) in the FF Radian, 7yo DS (64 lbs, 53in) in the backless turbo booster, and a 2.75 yo DS (30 lb DS, 37 inches) in the RF...
My little guy is 32 months old.  He's my 3rd DS, so I've potty trained 2 other boys successfully.   This little guy has a mild case of cerebral palsy, as well as a genetic condition called Noonan Syndrome.   He has absolutely no cognitive delays.  He has some gross motor delays but is a walking, climbing, dancing toddler.  He can't do things like taking off his clothing yet but will try to help.   The Noonan Syndrome makes it so that he has low muscle tone,...
We have a corolla (so small) and we ran into more issues of where we could have the RF seat and still have someone sit in the front seat :)  For awhile, we had 2 radians FF and then a Britax Decathalon RF behind the passenger seat (which worked okay although somewhat cramped for the passenger).  My boys are all 2 years apart so at the beginning, we had my 4 year old in the middle FF, 2 year old FF (outgrew his seat weight wise) behind the driver, and the baby behind the...
BonnieNova, I'm sorry for all the sadness and pain you are all going through.  I hope that the c.s. works.   As far as checking for e.e. -  the only way to do that is to have an endoscope done.  They are going to want him on a high dose Proton Pump Inhibitor (PPI) for a bit first to rule out just bad reflux.  Many times, they use prevacid.  If they do a scope and find evidence of eosinophils, they will likely put him on a hypoallergenic formula - Neocate or...
add me to the eosinophilic esophagitis clan.  my kiddo wasn't severe or having anywhere near the pain your poor kiddos have.  I share the pain of this with you - it is so tough to end BF when you are not ready to.  My kiddo had belly pain and occasional vomiting.  He was dx with eosinophilic esophagitis in June with a really nasty looking endoscope, even though he wasn't having horrible outward symptoms.  His doc said he must have an enormously high pain tolerance to...
My son has eosinophilic esophagitis, and has 18 food allergies associated with that.  They are 'different' in that they are not like your typical 'allergies' (not going to cause him to go anaphylactic) but may make him really sick GI wise and in pain.   He is 4.5 years old and is really good about knowing what is 'safe' and asking if something is safe.  He also doesn't take any food that hasn't been deemed 'safe' by mom or dad.    I wouldn't leave him at a party...
That sounds horrid!  I can't imagine having to do any direct instruction via skype for a kiddo, let alone ST!  There are often lags with Skype, the language doesn't always match the screen, etc.    How are they going to address these issues?