or Connect

Posts by devon

My 4 year old DS had allergy testing today (skin prick).  He was tested at 18 months because he had numerous ear infection, constant post nasal drip, runny nose, and some RAD.  He didn't react to anything really at that time.   He seems to have outgrown the RAD but continues to have the constant stuffy nose, post nasal drip, upset tummy, tummy that seems distended at times, and goes between constipation and loose stools at times.  He also complains of being tired all...
Where in Indianapolis?  North/South/East/West?
Can anywhere give me a specific page?  I looked in the airbag warning section as well as in the carseat section.  I also didn't see anything in the True Fit manual that prevented bracing (it says if it is touching when rear-facing to remove the top part, but put the top part back on if the child's size requires it).  We're NOT bracing/touching but when I looked at both places, I didn't see anything in either manual.   Also, what is the difference between 'touching' and...
We have a 2006 Odyssey and have looked through the manual many times, and NOWHERE does it say that bracing is not allowed.  It was my impression that since neither the carseat manual nor the car manual say that bracing is not allowed, then it is allowed.   I also thought it was only certain models of certain cars that had that information in it prohibiting bracing.
  Where are you getting this information?  I don't see anything about it in our car manuals (2006 Odyssey and 2004 Corolla) or the manual for our Sunshine Kids Monterrey Booster, which you can tether/latch.  I was under the impression that you can still latch/tether a booster that allows it past the 40 lbs or whatever since the seatbelt is being used to restrain the child, and the tether is just to restrain the seat.
I made mine a purse and filled it with lip gloss, some hair bands, etc.
I have 3 boys (6, almost 4, 20 months).  It's my middle son that I've been increasingly worried about.  I feel like he is having some sensory issues but then something more might be going on too.  In the last 2 weeks, he's started to do things that are really troubling to me.  He was at a drop-in play daycare type of place last week with a good friend of his, Jack (I broke my foot so my friend took him there for 2 hours to give me a break).  I don't know what was going...
I would definitely get an EI evaluation to get it at least started before 3.  She has a lot of things that sound similar to my son who has a genetic conditoin (Noonan's Syndrome) - specifically, the low set ears, low tone, small size, eating difficulties. A lot of genetic issues have a marker of 'low set ears'.  Does she have any heart conditions - or has she gotten checked for any?  How was she at birth?   As for the CP, like a PP said, you can get an MRI done for a...
Have you considered Montessori? I think she could do fabulously in a Montessori environment as they are able to self-select their work, go at their own pace, and really can get quite advanced material. From a social standpoint, it would help her relate with children better as a large part is a mixed classroom where the older children help the younger children, so would perhaps address some of her 'weaknesses'. A montessori class is also typically a full day for a child...
Quote: Originally Posted by nmbutts Two different doctors said to keep it dry, so no ointments and no bandages that will trap moisture. Dampness and moisture can cause further damage. Overall, that is not actually true. My son at 23 months had second degree burns on his hands. The most current research shows that moisture therapy is the most effective at treating burns. It is allowing the new skin to grow without scabbing (which is...