or Connect

Posts by devon

We are moving to Terre Haute, IN soon, from Madison, WI. WI legalizes midwives through licensure, and Madison has a great assortment of midwives to choose from. We had a CNM at our last homebirth. We're not planning on having more kids for a few more years but I want to figure out my choices before I find out I am pregnant. Does anyone know what the homebirth scene is like in Indiana in terms of legality? Where can I find more information? We'll have CIGNA if that...
musikat, I completely understand. We didn't know where we were moving (only that we were) until this last month. I'm just so sad about my youngest not getting all of the benefits of the Children's House.
We are making a move this summer - to Terre Haute, IN - where there are no Montessori schools (well, I should say that there is one school that is called 'montessori' but it is not based off my visit. Not anywhere remotely). My oldest is 5.5 and has been at a wonderful Montessori school since he was 3. He is in the K year there right now. He loves it, we love it. Our middle son is 3 and has been there since 16 months. The school is our family - we love them,...
Quote: Originally Posted by LuminosaJane When she hit around 15mo, she started not only liking the bike trailer but not minding the helmet. It was like she grew up enough to enjoy the ride rather than worry about not being right with us and having to wear something on her head. For us, I'm pretty sure it was a maturity issue. But for us, we tried it around 15 months and it didn't 'click' until around 17 months. A lot of it had to do with...
My nephew was born, full term (37 weeks) at 3 lbs 6 oz (IUGR baby). No NICU stay. The hospital was going to send him home in the SnugRide 35 that my sister had. I said, are you crazy? The hospital was fine with using blankets, etc to 'make him fit'. I couldn't believe it. I went out and got a Keyfit and a Safety First OnBoard. The SafetyFit was a beautiful fit! The harness height is extremely low, which made it fit so well. It was a much better fit then the...
Quote: Originally Posted by mysticmomma Those sound like HER preferences. I hear a lot of "My doula wants me to put" ... in your post. It is YOUR birth plan. The role of the doula is to help you get information. She can show you sample birth plans, etc, but it is YOUR birth plan. She really shouldn't have anything to do with it and shouldn't be _telling_ you what to put in it. I'd be especially questioning of her if she told you to put...
Not to steal your thread, but we are also possibly relocating to Columbia for my husband's job (professor). I'll be following this closely!
We have this: http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/...tegoryId=85216 It is excellent. All you have to do is shut the toilet and it goes into place. Even my 3 year old can open it himself. We had a similar tooth brush incident with our now 3 year old so we definitely had one. We just took it out because our youngest won't be mobile for a LONG time still and so don't need it.
Quote: Originally Posted by GuildJenn I can only describe my process for you. Philosophy is important to me, but my decision really totally came down to finding the right people and environment for my specific child. I'll take you through how it went through. Waldorf: My husband and I really, really wanted to like Waldorf. We'd heard great things about it from a friend and it suited my husband especially in its lovely nature focus & handwork, and I...
Quote: Originally Posted by ed_tricia The Nautilus is also latchable in booster mode. I'm pretty sure this is not true. I don't see it anywhere in the manual and a CPST told me that it is not. We have the Sunshine Kids Monterey which is a latchable booster but there are only a few that are meant to be latched in.