or Connect

Posts by pers

Sure, there are kids now being diagnosed with autism who would have been diagnosed with it back then too.  Then there are the kids like the last one with autism I met a few years ago (and I am not acquainted with many kids IRL with autism so freely admit that most of my knowledge comes from what I read in news sources and hear from people online) - she was around four and my kids played with her a few times at a mutual friends house before her mother mentioned something...
 Social support/disability support is better in general in Canada than in the US, though of course there is still a lot of room for improvement!  I do think more should be done for the victims of vaccine injury, but then I also believer more should be done for the victims of random diseases that leave them disabled.   If we were to stop using the MMR, what sort of compensation program exists for those who suffer permanent injury or death as a result of measles?   Herd...
 Yes, a third dose has been given in certain situations. I think it a third MMR may also be given to women who are found to not have rubella immunity on pre-conception bloodwork or after pregnancy for those who find out during pregnancy?  I'm not sure on that, but I don't think there is a rubella only vax for them, is there? But it's still not true that a third shot to the childhood schedule and a regular booster for adults were added to the US schedule in 2011!    Full...
  I read the article.  This is the part that was shocking to me:  I had no idea! I assumed that anyone who caught measles after vaccination could pass it on just as easily as someone who hadn't been vaccinated.  I never new they thought they couldn't.  And how in the world after a few decades of a second measles shot can this be the first time this has been recorded as happening?  I am certain it must have happened before, but perhaps generally when it has, there have been...
 Yeah, the only family I know with a child with fairly severe autism (that I know of) moved to my province due to services provided.  In their former province, they both worked, and the mom's paycheck pretty much came out to equal to what they were paying for services.  Here those services are mostly covered.  I don't know about costs in New Jersey, put as far as availability of services, googling for best places for autism services keeps turning up northern New Jersey...
  Yeah, I know it's not, just speaking my piece and all that.  And that is one reason I don't post in the vaccine support only threads much - if I make a mistake, and you notice it, I appreciate you posting to tell me.  If you disagree with me on something more complex than an easy to point to mixtake, I still generally appreciate hearing it, because even if I still believe I'm right, it can make me look at things a bit differently, whether that is causing doubts or a...
 I assume you mean that kids were vaccinated and the vaccine failed and they got the disease anyway?  But since we know that many vaccines can reduce the severity of the disease even when they don't prevent it, how can we know how they would have responded to the disease unvaxed?  But there is also an ethical problem allowing the child to be harmed by a disease that likely could have been prevented.  In our society now, you don't actually choose measles or the vaccine for...
 Occasionally they do, but a lot of stuff goes unquestioned, including the link to the blog that claimed a third MMR was added in 2011 as well as a regular adult booster, though to be fair that thread only got a few responses, so perhaps people just missed the paragraph?  I'm just annoyed over that one in particular because it was a fairly popular blogger who has a comment moderator to protect her from trolls and people who may question her (though stuff she feels she can...
 I understand where you are coming from and appreciate wanting a place to talk about how to deal with people pushing you to vax or looking for non-vax friendly doctors or just talking about life in general for non-vax families without having someone jump in to say "but you should be vaxing, why aren't you vaxing, here is why you should vax."   So from that standpoint, I get the reason for wanting a non-vax forum.  But, that is not all that gets posted there, and I do have...
 Isn't the NVICP just for the US?  So no, I don't think the numbers from NL, Canada, and UK would include them.  But NVICP has paid out about 2.7 billion over around 25 years.  There are have been roughly 4 million births each of those 25 years, so around 100 million kids born in the US over that time comes out to about $27 per kid.  Average medical care for a small outbreak of measles discussed above was over $1,000 per kid with most kids being well under that but one...