or Connect

Posts by pers

Could the high level of malnutrition in the districts where the 1990 study was done, the same malnutrition which weakens the body and the immune system and thus makes measles so much more deadly there, have weakened the response to the vaccine making it less effective there?  The abstract say age of vaccination wasn't a factor, but many other studies says it is, so could the standard of giving it at nine months there have meant it was less effective than giving it at 12...
 Thank you so much for finding that and sharing :)  If I'm reading that right, 40% of cases (2 out of 5) were in people over twenty, 31% in people between 10 and 20 (71% minus the 40%) and the remaining 29% in kids 10 and under. It seems that the numbers are fairly stable between 0-10 and 10-20.  It makes sense that the over twenty group would have more cases (and not just because it is a larger age group I would bet that most people 30 and over would have had measles if...
 I tried to respond to some of her points in a comment on her blog last night.  My comment is still awaiting moderation.  It hasn't been that long, but the other comments have gone up since, an the author has been commenting too, so I posted a "by the way, I see you've been around and approve other comments, I think you may have missed mine" message.  Alas, now both comments are awaiting moderation. Meanwhile, the author has posted a couple times in the hours since and...
 I think you missed an "un" in there.  From your link:  That is through August, so before the end of the outbreak. For the final report, 79% were considered "unprotected," but note the 10% from your link who say they were vaccinated but had no record of it. Those were lumped in with unvaxed for the final numbers, so the actual numbers would be somewhere between 21% and about 31% vaxed.  http://www.msss.gouv.qc.ca/en/sujets/prob_sante/measles/portrait2011.php Or the mention...
 It is hard to find information on -  I suspect I would have an easier time though if I read German!  That and most results are for "German measles" rather than measles in Germany.  There may be pockets of unvaxed though - I did find a few articles blaming one outbreak in a town primarily on two homeopathic doctors who didn't vax their clients and a Waldorf school in the area with very low vax rate.  Also, I found an article that didn't give much in the way of statistics...
 I gave this video a shot the other day when putting off laundry. Part of my problem was probably due to my laptop having crappy speakers and me having a bit of difficulty comprehending accents on occasion, but I could not make out what she was saying half the time an kept having to go back an try to hear it again.  Between the ear strain and trying to watch/read through the shaky camera work, all I really got out of it before I had to go pick up kids (I think I made it...
I've never heard of anything like that.  I wouldn't jump to assume is the kid from one occurrence.  Perhaps there was some lotion or something that you were allergic too?  Or it was a complete coincidence and something else is going on?    I have never eaten meat, but I have touched it with no problem (aside from being a little grossed out).  
 That's a straw man.  See genocide of Native American's, slavery, British imperialism, manifest destiny, Canadian residential school system, War in Korea, War in Vietnam, Saddam may be gassing his own people but he doesn't like Iran so hey we must be friends and give him weapons, oh wait now he's an evil dictator so let's go to war and make the lives of his people better by throwing them from the frying pan into the fire, medical experiments on orphans and...
 You know what else is a first?  A building built the way it was sustaining that sort of damage (firefighters on scene report seeing twenty-story hole in it) and then a prolonged fire.  Which is probably why there aren't structural engineers and demolition experts standing up in droves to support the idea of conspiracy.  Also, don't forget all the emergency responders on scene make the reports of the building groaning and bulging and other signs that led the fire...
 I can't off the top of my head think of any examples of people throwing "conspiracy theorist" just for questioning vaccines, but I'm certainly willing to believe you've seen it - people miss-use language all the time.   Doesn't change the fact that to be a conspiracy theory you must have, well, a conspiracy.  Believing that vaccines cause autism and the government/doctors/whoever are wrong in thinking it doesn't because they've made mistakes in their science or haven't...