or Connect

Posts by pers

Here is an article with a bit more data:  http://www.latimes.com/news/science/la-sci-autism-20130321,0,4801274.story    Two parts that combined are rather telling:           Kids who were 8 for 2008 data would have been born around 2000 and would be 13 or so now.    A rate of 1 in 88 is 1.1%.   This is considerably less than the 1.8% for youths 14 to 17, all who would have been born prior to 2000, some as early as 1996.    Unless kids are actually coming down with autism...
Oh my goodness.  The reporter doesn't seem to understand what eugenics means.  Being concerned about overpopulation humans in general is not eugenics.  Supporting programs that make effective birth control and family planning services available to allow women to have control of their own fertility is not eugenics.   Recognizing that people who have every reason to expect their children will survive to adulthood tend to choose to have fewer children and so programs such as...
  From the WHO vaccine coverage link, it appears that coverage for most vaccines was over 90% (and higher for some) in the mid-90's.  They fluctuate up and down a bit, but some do go up a few percentage points overall over the next decade.  Are you saying that a rise in vaccination rates of a few percentage points is the main driving force behind autism rates rising not by a few percentage points but by a factor of 160?  How is that possible?     Though it also appears...
I'm starting snapdragons, pansies, ivy geraniums, and strawberries (small variety similar to wild strawberries that does well first year from seed) this week.  Really.  I have been saying this since mid-january, but it's actually happening this week.  Really.  (My tall rocket snapdragons didn't bloom until almost August last summer, so I swore I'd start them in January this year... oops)   I'm starting bell peppers too as it's getting to be about time.  I may start a...
You posted this in anti-vax forum, but with asking why parents who vax don't opt for titers instead, you seem to be wanting some vax input?  Did you mean to post this in debates?   Anyway, yes, it sucks to do it (though it's absolutely nothing compared to what premies, kids who need spinal taps,  kids who have heart problems and need surgery, etc., go through), but it's pretty quick.  Mine have always cried for a minutes then got over it.. though my then our year old...
What did it do?  Is it a bunch of smaller clumps of gel settled in the bottom, or did it do nothing at all?  If it's smaller clumps of gel and has been in the fridge the whole time, I'd go ahead and use it.    I've never tried to do a thick gel or chia pudding (one of these days), so I'm not that much help.  What I do do a lot is chia lemonade with a tablespoon or so of chia in a big glass of water with lemon juice and agave or honey to make it sweet.  The result...
I think so.  I'm not positive about pertussis though - I've only had one tetanus shot as an adult, and I'm not sure if it was Td or Tdap.  I'll have to get around to asking one of these days; I'm due for another tetanus shot next year anyway.  
Apparently one of the paralysed kids was not vaccinated.           Source: http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5ij_y4eNkf4PSpY8X7B4vw9bsCi7g?docId=CNG.f13e0924e6ce3a29f2c8b9dfd07d7f70.6e1     The same article claims that the children have recovered and are leading normal lives again, and that over 100 million people across ten countries in Africa were vaccinated with this vaccine in 2012.   Could it still be a coverup and they are lying that one of the...
    Using "region" implies that it happened over a larger, more spread out area.  That they were all from one village means the children likely had a lot more in common/a lot more shared exposure to other things beyond having gotten the same vaccine at the same time than if they lived farther apart.     According to a google, the population of Gouro is "very small" according to some sources and "under a thousand" according to others.  If it really is under a thousand, and...
Well, you aren't putting the majority of of people at risk since the majority of people are protected by vaccines. Just babies too young to be vaccinated, other kids/adults who can't be vaccinated or who have chosen (or their parents have chosen) not to have them vaccinated, the small percentage of people whose vaccines failed to create immunity, people undergoing chemo or whose immune systems are compromised for whatever reason, etc.  But you could argue that you are...