or Connect

Posts by pers

O-mega-zen3+EPA.         veganessentials.com carries it.  Some of the other products they carry may work as well; this is just the one I use.  
  I had been biting my tongue about this thread due to being in the not vaxing forum (though doesn't it belong in research?), but since you are interested...    Science based medicine blogged criticism of it.  The first section is discussion of the credibility of the study authors.  If you just want to see discussion about the problems with the actual study, scroll down to the "infant mortality as a function of vaccines" subtitle.     To expand on some of their...
Wow that is an awful list.  Is she absolutely certain that only these items are allowed and that it is not just a list of suggestions? I'm having trouble believing that pre-packaged food with the nut-free symbol wouldn't be allowed.  Insane if that is true.      Such as the micron on the kid's sleeve because she brushed against the peanut butter smear that her little brother left on the underside of the table the day before that her mother hasn't noticed to clean yet.  So...
    Yes, I am sure about that. Here is a page that describes the vaccine development process and the phases of vaccine trials.  As the page mentions, while the placebo can be something innocuous such as saline solution, often it is tested against another vaccine.  I understand why people may object to this for safety testing since the other vaccine could be causing the same bad reactions, but when testing for efficacy, it doesn't really matter much whether the placebo is...
I'm not sure what sort of evidence beyond that you would be looking for?     New vaccines are tested against a placebo in randomized double-blind tests.  That really  fits under your second point of evidence that vaccinated people get the disease less often, but it's a bit more controlled than surveillance studies and investigation of outbreaks, I guess.     Or, it still fits under your second point, but testing of animal vaccines go a step beyond that by...
I use this one:  http://store.veganessentials.com/o-mega-zen3-liquid-vegan-dha--epa-supplement-by-nutru-p3587.aspx  I give it to the kids by getting a spoonfull of orange juice and squirting the kid-sized dose into it and having them take it from the spoon.  Too much was wasted when I tried to put it in a full glass of juice or in food, and alas it is not cheap.    Veganessentials also has a lot of other DHA/EPA products on these pages:...
  That's how I do it.  The smaller leaves are also better tasting/more tender than the older tough ones at the bottom, in my opinion anyway.  They grow back quickly.  
Compost is good.    For fertilizer, you want a special tomato fertilizer that is low in nitrogen as nitrogen will encourage more leaf growth at the expense of flowers/fruit.  Nitrogen (N) is the first number in the N-P-K fertilizer numbers.  The second number (P) is phosphorous, and that should be high as it encourages flowers/fruit.  Potassium (K) is the last number and should be somewhere between the other two up to equal with P.  
Whoa... that was really hard to read.  Paragraph breaks are your friend.     Your neighbour sounds like a real piece of work.  Ugh. I'm sorry you have to deal with him.  Makes me feel fortunate to have my neighbours, who simply don't bother to mow or do anything else to their backyard, leaving it more dandelion than grass.  I've learned to love with the constant clouds of dandelion seed blowing over the fence into my yard, and the extra time spent weeding as a...
  But does a high rate of pertussis vaccination in a society make it so babies under six months are less likely to get pertussis?  My understanding is much less likely, but I don't have numbers handy to show that right this second, nor the time to try and find them, so instead I'm going to make up a disease to serve as an example of how the statement quoted does not work as an argument about any vaccine. I'll call it rocket disease.  Rocket disease is very similar to...