or Connect

Posts by pers

It is a screencap from the TV cartoon, not a printed comic strip, so yes, the audio had to be photoshopped on as text.  It is likely accurate though - sounds like something Barney Rubble would say.   Though considering they had no problems with their kids playing with clubs, riding on dinosaurs, or riding unrestrained in their car, I think their views of safety and risk may be a bit skewed from mine.           Benign?  Really?  Tell that to Roald Dahl whose daughter died...
    Who is encouraging HIV moms to breastfeed?  Where?   I mean, outside of third world countries where the risks of formula mixed with unlcean water or not being able to access/afford enough formula can outweigh the risks of HIV.  But you make it sound as if the recommendation was changed for HIV positive mothers in general, even in areas with safe water and where formula is readily available. 
  Because people want to know what research/evidence he bases his opinions on.  And while the article has a few mentions of a "'steady accumulation of evidence' from scientists worldwide that the measles, mumps and rubella jab is causing brain damage in certain children,"  Wakfield is the only source actually given a name, and thus the only source we can evaluate.
Sure, vaccinated children have 2-5 times more illnesses, and Stephen Colbert is the 69th most beautiful woman in the world.  These are the sort of things that happen when you gather information through an internet survey filled out by random people and heavily passed around anti-vax sites or Maxim readers, respectively.   They are still collecting data, so if you want to be a part, you can fill it out however you want and as many time  as you want by going here:...
  The part I bolded is pretty much the vaccine table for healthy, low risk adults.  Well, and diptheria, but I think tetatnus shots are pretty much always actually Td, which includes that.     Gardasil is now being recommended to younger woman (to age 27, I think), but that is pretty recent. There are also others on the schedule for those at higher risk of certain diseases (such as healthcare workers), those who didn't have chickenpox as a child, those who didn't get the...
I had an MMR around age 12, and vaccines for yellow fever and hepatitis A at 18 (travel to Peru), as well as a few tetanus shots with no reaction, so far as I remember. The H1N1 vaccine gave me a very sore arm for a day or so.  
  Tetanus bacteria can not survive in oxygen.  Tetanus endospores, on the other hand, can survive pretty much anything, including oxygen exposure.  
  Chickenpox vaccine is typically first given around age one.  Can you be absolutely certain that the child who appears healthy at age one will not have developed a condition that makes them medically fragile by whatever age they get chickenpox.     But if we are going to start removing contributing factors, we need to start screening out some of the car accident deaths too.  Of the 2,136 kids who died in car accidents, 209 of them were in alcohol related crashes where...
  I'm darn sure you aren't!   Of course a child is much, much more likely to die in a car accident than they are to die of chicken pox.  However, the average child takes thousands upon thousands of rides in a car during the period of their childhood but only has chickenpox one time.       Warning: very rough math with lots of assumptions to follow, but this is just a message board post, so....   According to http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/Pubs/809762.pdf, in 2003 there were...
I doubt it.  My anecdata is that I was raised vegetarian and got mine at age 12, which is the average age of first period.