or Connect

Posts by pers

Which seat is it, exactly?  A Britax, I assume, since you linked to a Britax page?    If it is a forward facing only seat, then you are correct, the minimum weight is twenty pounds and the seat can not be used reaf-facing at all with a child of any weight.  However, this sort of seat is meant  for older children.  A fifteen month should be in a convertible which can rearface.     If it was a seat that can rearface or forward face, then it is a convertible seat.  The...
  The only people I've known personally who died in car accidents were wearing their seatbelts.  How did their seatbelts help them?  They had the risks of a seatbelt (abdominal injury, friction burns, being strangled in a rollover, being trapped in a burning/sinking vehicle... none of those things happened, but the risk is there) and the risk of dying in a car accident anyway.     Seatbelts seem pretty useless to me.  FAIL!     So basically, if I understand correctly,...
Ooh, some neat stuff.  I'm having trouble finding shipping info though.  Anyone know if they will ship to Canada?
The overall vaccination rate in the US remains fairly high.     The concern in the US is with pockets of low vaccination.  Communities such as some in Boulder Colorado which have a much lower than average vaccination rate than the average and thus could jumpstart an outbreak by having a much larger number of initial exposures than would happen elsewhere.     Also, vaccination rates in the UK and France and some other places in Europe have dropped.  
Yes, woman are screened for rubella immunity, and the small percentage who don't have it (5%?  10%?  I'm not actually sure, other than nearly twenty years after my second/last MMR, my levels were still fine) end up with a booster for measles too, regardless of whether or not they need it, since the shots are combined in the MMR.     Most do not get the booster.  Most men aren't even tested.  And yet measles is still quite rare and mostly occurs among the unvaccinated...
Measles was declared eliminated in the US in 2000 because it is no longer endemic there.  But there is no invisible barrier in the middle of the ocean or anything preventing it from being imported from time to time.  And this does happen, and because it is so contagious it does spread, but herd immunity means each line of infection eventually hits a wall where it does not encounter anyone vulnerable to infect during the contagious period.  So long as these outbreaks only...
Would be absolutely fantastic if it works!  But it sounds like it is still fairly early in testing, so time will tell. 
Measles deaths declined greatly prior to vaccination due to better living conditions, less malnutrition, and better availability and quality of medical care.  Measles cases cycled rather wildly up and down from year to year, but there was no overall decline before vaccination.  Anyone born prior to 1957 is considered to have had measles and so be immune to it because they lived through several large epidemics before the vaccine was put into use in 1963, at which time a...
As I said before,    I realize my first post in this thread may make me appear in firmly in the pro camp, but just to be clear, that was in response to an article someone missposted to this thread regarding malaria vaccine trials, not anthrax.  While anthrax is a theoretical risk, malaria is a real threat that kills a million people every year, many of them children, and seriously sickens many millions more. So long as they are cautious and inform parents and such (and...
So you're saying that all the news coverage, investigations, government reports, buildings being shut down, millions and millions of cleanup/decontamination costs etc. were all some sort of giant conspiracy?  What then do you propose was wrong with the people who died of Anthrax or just were very sick with it?     What are your kind of sources?