or Connect

Posts by pers

If a client wants to know if you have had specific vaccines, and you answer that you have had all that are necessary and keep to yourself that you think the ones the client wants to know about are not necessary, are you not intending for the client to walk away with the impression that you have had the vaccines they are concerned about?  You may be using clever wording to manage avoiding saying anything you don't believe to be true when the words stand by themselves, but...
 What sort of testing would they do?  Is there any sort of reason to expect that Gardasil may somehow harm the ovaries that would justify invasive testing?   Clinical trials followed girls/women injected with either Gardasil or a placebo and recorded health events.  
  "Stuff like this" as in the link in this thread is one example of the sort of stuff I've seen many times before. 
 Many form of HPV are harmless.  Why would they invest resources into creating a vaccine against them?  The strains that they do vaccinate for include the two that are responsible for causing nearly all cases of cervical cancer and two common ones that cause genital warts.  There is a chance that it won't be effective, but a huge chance?  Based on what?   How does three instances of women who had gardasil developing ovarian failure show that gardasil causes it?  While...
 Sorry, my post was not clear, and I can see how the dropping like files could be read as dismissive, thought that is not how I intended it.  It was in reference to eight babies dying over a period of a couple weeks at two hospitals following the pentavalent vaccine.  This is an alarming number and triggered an investigation.  The investigation concluded the deaths were caused by other things that the vaccine. I was saying that there will still be a huge concern there, and...
 The problem discussed in this article is about healthy kids dropping like flies.   The vaccine in question is a pentavalent vaccine that is relatively new.  It has been used in many parts of the world, but not in the US or (to my google-based-knowledge) other first world countries.  India started using it a few years ago, but it was only introduced in the state of Kashmir (where this story is from) about a year ago.  Since then, a number of deaths have been reported...
 But... what is the gist of the message?  It seems to be saying that it's silly to worry about measles when you don't' worry about these other things that are just about as common.  (And yeah, I don't worry too much about being struck by lightning or eaten by a shark, but I'm still not going walking with an umbrella in a thunderstorm, and if someone yells shark when I'm swimming, you can bet I'll be out of the water in a flash.)  Just because you are not quaking in your...
The man who wrote this is the head of pediatrics?  Really?  Wow.   Typical following/from confusion.  India has quite a high infant mortality rate - about 46 deaths per 1,000 live births for 2012.  That work out to 460 deaths per 100,000. Out of those 460 deaths, does it seem unreasonable to expect just one to happen following a vaccine?  Actually, it does.  I would expect a higher number, so I would agree that there is probably under-reporting going on.   Each death is a...
 How many of the people who say the children who were disabled or killed by vaccines would have died anyway are glad that this happened? How many think it is a good thing these children died because the human race is stronger without them?   I don't agree with the would have died anyway argument, but it is not eugenics any more than hearing of a homebirth death and saying that it could have happene in a hospital too is eugenics.   Really?  I can absolutely believe that...
 Climate is different from place to place though.  Since we are talking about personal experience, I don't think it's really like that here.  While I haven't heard about a vaccine injury experienced by anyone I know in real life, I do know several people who don't vaccinate, and back when my kids were younger and we were going to different mom/baby groups or playgroups or whatever, vaccines would come up from time to time, and here was nearly always someone willing to say...