or Connect

Posts by TinkerBelle

Quote: Originally Posted by Tigerchild So, given that your mom was hurt, and you seem angry about that, does that mean that every other person who is hurt by an underage person should have to suck it up too because your mom did? To me, causing someone bodily injury is just as severe, if not more so, than damaging property. Because you are angry that your mom didn't have recourse doesn't seem like a good reason to demand that nobody harmed by a child...
I understand the differences between criminal and civil matters, but it just doesn't seem to make sense sometimes. And yes, some underage kids DO get away with crimes and the law says "neener neener" to the victim. Not for murder, but other crimes. This I know for a fact. My mother's home was broken into and burglarized by my nephew, another juvenile and an adult. They stole her jewelry and other items that were never recovered and caused major damage. NONE of them were...
If a child cannot be held liable for murder, because he is under age, then I don't see how a child can have a judgment sit until he is 18.
Quote: Originally Posted by LessTraveledBy I am really saddened by the idea that some (esp. here) would be ok leaving a baby to cry for any amount of time. I think learning how to do many things at once is one of the musts of motherhood... eating a spoon full here and there, eating with one hand while holding baby with the other, etc. Also, like others have said, learning how to use a sling or wrap can be really helpful. Try to find little things...
He would not die if he waited a few minutes for you to eat. Or pee. Or shower. Sometimes, you simply HAVE to take care of yourself in order to take care of them. He is not broken. You realized your mistake and you likely won't do it again. Stop beating yourself up.
Plop that baby in his lap and cook dinner. If DH doesn't like it, then tell him to cook. I do think that the SAHP should do the lion's share of the cooking and housekeeping/chores. I was a SAHM for many years and did that. But, that does not excuse the WOHP from pitching in. I never neglected my needs, though. I showered when needed and ate when needed. If that meant that someone had to cry for a few minutes, that was how it was. (and NO, I never neglected my children)...
Quote: Originally Posted by EdnaMarie It actually happens a lot. You'd be surprised. I have thought of re-naming my baby because I didn't realize how hard a phonetically-spelled, three-syllable name could be for people to read. A lot of parents later feel the name they chose just doesn't fit the child. I think she was just trying to say that it's an arbitrary custom and has no basis in necessity for the child. It's not America-bashing to suggest...
Quote: Originally Posted by lilyka Why not change it? Its a weird American (western?) culture thing to keep the same name always anyway. In some cultures it is quite common to change your name at signifigant events or because once the child developed a little it was clear the name, meaning of the name etc just did not suit them. My children were given baptismal names at their baptism and they were 12, 8, and 5. They were actually quite excited to get...
Tell your mother that if she is so concerned, she is welcome to be their "helicopter parent".
Your FH needs to tell his father to knock it off already.