or Connect

Posts by TinkerBelle

First of all, I don't think that you are stupid. Not ONE bit. I fully believe in helping someone when they have a true need. However... My mother is 63, has had an aortic valve replacement and other health issues, and still works fulltime, plus, she cares for my niece, who is brain damaged. My MIL is 75 and lives on her own. Neither would ever expect their kids to support them financially. I mean, if you chose for her to live with you, that is one thing, but that...
Quote: Originally Posted by 4evermom I don't think you can even the playing field. The difference between self directed learning and externally determined instruction are huge. The real value of school is child care so parents can work and children can become the next generation of cogs in the wheel... I am a SAHM. My two older children are on the Autism Spectrum and thrive in school. My youngest starts kindergarten next year. He is in preK...
I have never been to a baby shower or wedding shower where men were there. Ever. In fact, I don't know any men who would really enjoy a baby shower. I also don't know any gay couples, but if I did and they became parents, I would attend the shower. It might be interesting, though. I see nothing wrong with adult only weddings. If you don't want to go or cannot go, then don't.
Reminding a child, politely, not to smack their lips or to use other table manners is not wrong. Not in any way, IMHO. My 5 yr old is not perfect by any means (and who is?) but he does have decent table manners. My middle child, who has Autism, sometimes needs more reminders. Teaching table manners will help a child when he is an adult and out in the world. No one wants to see a grown man smacking his lips, or a woman slurping her soup loudly. I disagree with your...
Although some people are quite rude about it, IMHO, they have a point. I read post after post from SAHMs who are stuck in a horrible marriage and have no real way out, because they have no degree, or skills outside of the home, or help from their own families. Women who have to ask for money from their husbands. Who put up with all sorts of abuse. Maybe being prepared is not such a horrible idea.
Quote: Originally Posted by rightkindofme Uhm, I find the assumptions of sneakiness kind of odd. If your parents in law got up every morning and took a mile long walk and brought your kid with them would you consider that sneaky if they just did it without bringing it up? If it was a normal part of their routine and they think nothing of it I would assume it's the same thing for church. It probably would never occur to them that they *shouldn't* go...
If you don't want your child to go to church, that is your right. But, you may need to find new sitters. Because you should not expect them not to attend their church, if it is that important to them, just because your child is there. I am not saying you would expect that, but wanted to put it out there, just in case. They may not have even thought that it would be a huge deal, because you know that they go to church.
I buy fruits, veggies, meat, cheeses, bread, cereal, milk, etc. At Aldis. Very little processed anything.
I am not usually one to advocate violence, but if someone bit me like that, I would have probably knocked the crap out of them. She is lucky he didn't do just that. Why should SHE get away with this?
Quote: Originally Posted by A&A I think it helps to keep in mind that this is really a first-world, modern-day problem. So many people throughout history and throughout the world today would love to have enough food on hand to give a child a little extra when he/she asks for it. What do we do with it? ("We" being people in general.) We take it for granted. We complain that oh, we have to walk to the fridge and run the microwave again. Every...